**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

My Kyocera Icon will no longer "Power Off" properly, Is anyone else having this problem?

Tim JenksTim Jenks FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
Hi, my Icon does not power down/power off like it used to do just a couple of weeks ago.
It now just asks me if I want to "reboot to safe mode", instead of powering down.
I do not know exactly when this started as I do not turn off my phone every day.
I have had this issue for the last week to ten days.
Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Robert ZimmermanRobert Zimmerman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 95
    "Reboot to Safe Mode" (usually) only shows up if you long-press "Power Off". Are you pressing and holding the "Power Off" option, or just tapping it?
  • Tim JenksTim Jenks FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    If I just "Tap" the power off option, the phone does not turn off.
    The options screen the includes "Power off", "Restart", "Airplane Mode" plus
    sound & vibrate options, just disappears and the phone stays powered up.
    Weird.
    Just tapping it is useless: options screen closes and phone stays powered on.
    Thanks Robert, I will give these a try and post the results.
    Power Off problem - Pulling the battery, holding down the power button for approx. 10 - 15 secs, and power back up did not clear it. I will try to see if an App is involved, but the phone is new to me, just a few weeks old, and I had not installed "new" Apps prior to this issue, and the "Goggle Play Services" Mess hitting my phone. Fortunately, it mostly works as a phone and txt messaging service. A lot of the Google Apps like to crash at startup (YouTube) or tell me they won't work without a Google Play Services update, and mostly work just fine (Google Maps) without one. My temporary fix was to roll back the update on Google Play Services to the delivered version & Turn Off updates for it. But More on the Power Off issue: In the back of mind I suspect that these two issues may actually be related, as I originally noticed the Power Off problem while trying to find a work around for the Google update that caused the Google Apps to go so very wrong.
  • S MPS MP FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    It sounds like a factory reset is the next step.
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.