**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Question about WiMAX shutdown

Cuong DoCuong Do Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I understand that my current device (Freedom Hub Burst) is among the list of devices that will no longer work after 11/6 with the WiMAX shut down. I got emailed an offer for a Netgear device upgrade. I'm wondering if my current data plan will be the same (10GB/month for $23.99) or will it be different once I update this Netgear device?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a hot spot and not a full hub router. So probably not the same offering monthly. Hot spots cost much more for 10 Gigs.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #3
    There is a NetGear 6000D upgrade that 'might' have the same offerings as the hub burst. One posting says they had 10 GB for $23.99 for their hub burst and wondered if the NetGear would do the same. There was no reply as of yesterday late.
    It 'looks' like a wireless access point but claims to have LTE service, even spark if your neighborhood has that.
  • milleptmillept Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    No, there will be no home internet plans on Freedompop after Nov. 6. If you depend on FP for home internet using a Hub Burst like I do, you are out of luck. They will continue to have mobile internet plans with a 500 MB free plan and paid plans with much smaller GB limits than the current home plans.
  • Cuong DoCuong Do Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    One of the offers in my email was a Netgear LTE Gateway 6100D. Are they the same devices?
  • okayokay Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    Some info on that device:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/mobile-broadband/lte-gateways/LG6100D.aspx

and

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?deviceSKUId=80400440&isDeeplinked=true#!/

Looks like a nice device, but the plans are more like the hotspot plans. I guess LTE is costing FreedomPop more than Wimax was.
    Life's too short.
  • dwyer17dwyer17 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I need the 6100D for at home purposes. Is FreedomPop really not going to offer it?
  • dwyer17dwyer17 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Anyone have an ETA for when more 6100D will be available?
    Well, there was one batch offered to owners of hub bursts and went into back order. Haven't heard if they were successful in finding any more refurbs to order.
    @Ali are there any more in the order chain, yet ?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias (16th) They're still on back order from Sprint's refurb outlet
  • Janet WhitesidesJanet Whitesides Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Can the Hub Burst devices be reused or recycled or do they go to the trashcan?
    edited December 2015 #12
    Can be used as a 4 port router (internet if desired has to be external)
    Also the power adapter might be used with other devices needing same voltage.
  • David  WagnerDavid Wagner Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie

Can the Hub Burst devices be reused or recycled or do they go to the trashcan?

Please don't throw it in the trash. There are rare earth metals, precious metals and other metals that should be recycled. Many of the metals in electronics are found under jungles.

Most big-time electronics (like Best Buy and HH Gregg) and office supplies (like Staples and OfficeMax) stores with take your e-waste.