85% Off - Kyocera Hydro Icon LTE- Only $34.99!

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
edited June 2017 in Exclusive Deals #1

Phone Description
  • Certified Water Resistant & Dust Resistant
  • 4.5" IPS impact-resistant
  • Capacitive touchscreen qHD 960 x 540 pixels
  • Talk Time up to 14 hours
  • Times will vary based on user settings, feature use and network configuration.
  • 5.1 oz, 144 grams
  • 8MP rear-facing with flash and camcorder
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • 3G/4G LTE/Enhanced LTE
Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Got this phone earlier this week and so far it's been great!

**Make sure to immediately set updates to manual in the Google play store and don't upgrade anything google until Google fixes an issue they caused with a recent update!!**

We're really loving this phone! It's a good solid device for the price and actually is much better than the S2 it's replacing. Much snappier performance, longer battery life, and wireless charging (powermat not qi).

Loving that it's impact and water resistant for my teenager!!
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 244FreedomPop Newbie
    If I buy a Hydro will it come with this fix already applied?
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Probably not, because this is a Kyocera issue not a FreedomPop one. However It would be a good idea if they did. I can't confirm this but I've been told devices still running 4.3 doesn't have the crash issue for the following apps:hangouts, gmail, youtube, drive, music, and android pay. 4.4 however does have it and I can confirm that, since I've been running 4.4 since day one.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Ryan Radford 2

So if the phone they sent is running 4.3 it should be fine as long as the user doesn't upgrade to 4.4?
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #7
    Again, I don't have a 4.3 version of the icon to verify. I have four of these I don't need anymore. I updated all of my devices from day one.

Oh hey my newbie tag is back, it disappeared for awhile. Can't say I missed it.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 244FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there a valid path to get the Hydro to Android V5.0.1?
  • Robert ZimmermanRobert Zimmerman Posts: 95FreedomPop Newbie
    @James_in_Utah , no, there is currently not a way to upgrade past KitKat 4.4.2. There is also no custom ROM development going on because the phone has a locked bootloader.
This discussion has been closed.