**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

kyocera Hydro battery life

ChungHuei LinChungHuei Lin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 13
I received Hydro Icon for 3 weeks now. The battery life goes from about 4-5 days to about 1 day. I do have the Eco mode configured and the biggest battery usage (from setting) is "cell standby" which I have not experienced in my FP LG phone. Is this normal? My previous FP HTC evo 4G is a well-documented battery drainer. Does anyone see similar situation with Kyocera? Or do I miss something? Any advice is appreciated.

thanks,
frank

Comments

• S MPS MP FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    The LG phone has a much bigger battery (3000mAh) so I would expect it to last much longer. The Kyocera's battery is only 2000mAh.

If you are getting an entire day out of it, then that's great! (I really wasn't expecting it to be that good.)

Mine should be arriving on Tuesday, so I'll test it then.

Hopefully someone else out there who already has one will let us know their experience in the mean time.
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • Russell IwasaRussell Iwasa FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 46
    I have had my KHI for about a week now. I currently notice that a day seems to consume about 20% of the battery. I don't have Eco activated but I don't use the phone for a whole lot yet. I am rather pleased at battery life so far because I had a HTC EVO 4G and it had relatively unreliable battery life.

You might want to contact the help folks. I think there is a 90 day window where a problem phone could be exchanged. If the battery has apparently deteriorated in capacity, it might be a bad battery. Since it cannot be user-changed, it might be a thought to try for an exchange.
  • Russell IwasaRussell Iwasa FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 46
    I have used the KHI on a trip to Las Vegas. Battery use definitely increased even with ordinary use by me (I am not a heavy user, I think). I did not have WiFi there so depended on LTE and 3G service. In general, it appeared that battery use increased to about double what I experienced back home meaning that the battery might last about 2 days. I didn't stay in Las Vegas the whole time taking a drive down to Kingman and then to Laughlin before heading back. Nor did I take any particular pains to minimize battery use.
  • ketchupmanketchupman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 24
    I have 2 hydros. One, the battery lasts 2 days. The other, the battery lasts 1 day.
    I swapped out the batteries and get the same results. Usage is about the same. Apps are about the same. The only thing that I did notice was that the MaxiMZR on the 2 day phone had almost all the apps in it. The 1 day phone had very few. So my question is - what determines how the apps are chosen by the MaxiMZR? I want all of them in there. Any ideas? THanks.
  • Cale MogatuCale Mogatu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    My battery barely lasts a few hours, just got the phone in December, and the battery is now bulging so much that the back cover won't stay on the phone.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

My battery barely lasts a few hours, just got the phone in December, and the battery is now bulging so much that the back cover won't stay on the phone.

You need to stop using that battery immediately. That's a fire hazard, you need to get a new battery.

Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop