Unreliable Samsung Galaxy S3

Lucas LangeLucas Lange Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I purchased this phone when I joined in April and it was never my primary phone until now and I've discovered problems.

I get these errors and have no data about 75% of the time in major places that I know the Sprint services:
Mobile data connection error - MIP 67 - Unable to establish a wireless data connection

I've tried the PRL updates and phone resets, etc. This phone just continues to be unreliable, and I think that the annoying Samsung software built into it doesn't play nicely with the FreedomPop software.

Also, just today, my device fell to the ground from just 2 feet up, and despite being covered with a silicone phone cover and a screen cover, the screen got a chip and a crack in the bottom corner. It's not affecting the display, but this makes me unhappy with the phone as well because I've owned iPhones for years and they never got a scratch from this kind of expected occasional little fall.

Would I be able to return this device as defective? I'd rather go with the iPhone now that it is available. I see they are being offered (with a free month) for only $199 right now. Could I pay the difference to get one in exchange? If not, then what other options do I have?

I don't even know if I'm asking these questions in the correct place, but it's so difficult to find the right person to talk to about almost anything FreedomPop related. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• Ron LTE VOICE SIMRon LTE VOICE SIM Posts: 262FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    I feel you on this one. It sucks finally committing to making your device a daily driver and then having something weird happen with it. I would be what's going on with the data signal is that you have a non-Spark GS3. I have the same thing going on with the non-Spark 803s hotspot that I 'upgraded' to. I have solid WiMAX, Spark LTE and 3G in my location (98272), but I continuously drop my data connection on my GS4 and my 803 (which has yet to find a LTE/4G connection at all) and there is nothing I can do about it.

Even the Sprint store in the area said that Spark/LTE coverage with their network in my area is block to block. What they explained to me was that due to the fact we have a small airport within 3 miles of us, and only 3 major towers serving our area (none of which have had the WiMAX shutdown completed) coverage will be about 85% at best. So far I've been ok with the few areas that I drop in, but this is why Sprint is slowly climbing to the number 4 carrier in the US - and why I keep trying to explain that the Sprint network is not as great as everyone makes it out to be.

As far as who to hit up for help... I would try @freedompophelp if you are on Twitter or possibly @Karina Magana or @Jorge M. could assist you with a swap. I know I'm trying to get my 803s swapped out before my 30 days is up, but I'm not feeling great about that happening at this point.

Good Luck!