Wifi down, data doesn't connect!

RMHaleRMHale Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
Yesterday my cable company had an issue which caused an interruption in service meaning my wifi was also down... Of course I needed to make a couple of business calls to let contacts know of my email interruption. So during this time my Samsung Galaxy S3 could not or did not get a data connection until two hours later when cable service was restored! My phone should have operated independently of the wifi on the data plan but it did not, what caused this and how can it be fixed? Before it is suggested, I'd already done a prl/profile update!
______
A true friend is one who thinks you’re a good egg even though you’re half-cracked.

Comments

• Juliet ManningJuliet Manning Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Did you turn off the WiFi on your phone? Maybe your phone was still connected to the WiFi from your cable even though there was no data service, and didn't try to use the cell network.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RMHale
    Have you always had this issue in the home? In my home, I have dead spots all over the place. Places I loose cellular service all together. I also have places my 4g is stronger than any location I have traveled.

how is the service now? Are you still without data when you leave your home?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• RMHaleRMHale Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply and suggestions... Since my cable came back up (giving me back wifi) I am doing fine but I will have to check on the data situation once I leave home... No, this is not a problem I've always had in my home, like you I kinda know where my 'strong spots' are and during that time I was right in the middle of my strongest spot!
    ______
    A true friend is one who thinks you’re a good egg even though you’re half-cracked.