**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Porting number to existing FP account?

Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 81
Can you port a phone number over to an existing FP account? For example, if my mother were to sign up for FP service, activate a Volt, get a random assigned number from FP.... then use the phone for about a month or so, could her old Sprint number still be ported over to the new account and replace the random assigned FP number? Essentially she would be keeping her Sprint account until she is satisfied that FP would work for her. Once she is ready to make the switch she would put in the port request to Sprint and then have this number assigned to the already existing FP account. Is this possible?

I read in another post that yes, indeed you can. Could you do this at any time with an existing FP account? If I could get a confirmation on this ASAP, I'd really appreciate it. Trying to get in on a last minute deal.

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    @Stefani Williams Yes you can active a phone on FP and try it out for a while and port the Sprint number in to FP at any time.

Another option would be to port the Sprint number into google voice or ring.to leave the number there and install the appropriate app to make and receive calls and texts on your new FP phone.

There is a $9.99 fee to port in to FP, $20 fee to port into google voice and free to port in and out of ring.to.
  • Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 81
    @Richard Allen Cool! Good to know about the other options, though since my parents are...very...out of the loop, sticking to FP porting would probably be easiest for them. Now, if for any reason they ended up porting their number into FP and then in the future decided to port out to another carrier, that is possible as well, yes? <3 Thanks for responding so quickly.
    @Richard Allen ...Just another question to clarify. Is there any time limit on FP's end to change one's number from a random assigned number to the desired number to be ported? Could one theoretically have an FP account for a year with the same phone until deciding to port a number over? I assume as long as the number to be ported remains active it should be fine, yes?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stefani Williams yes to both questions.
    There are port in and port out fees for FreedomPop.
    You can initiate a port any time you want, just pay the fees at that time.
    If you port out, then your account is numberless.
    To continue using your phone, You will need to select a new number. If you don't port in, then its a $5 fee to get another number from the FP number pool.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rich Sias (16th) Thanks for info. It all makes sense. Much appreciated! :)