**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD: What SIM card do I need for my BYOD handset?

Comments

• Stephanie ChangStephanie Chang Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Then, you will have to buy a new SIM.
  • UzerInLAUzerInLA Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    So, I take then that a SIM is not needed for a Sprint Prepaid - Samsung Galaxy Core Prime No-Contract Phone at Best Buy?

No one seems to have the answer.

Someone knowledgeable please advise ASAP...
  • jack_svancara22jack_svancara22 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    The LG g stylo does need a Sim card what is the sim card
  • albralbr Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi so does and Motorola droid razor m require a sim card TY
  • bukzinbukzin Posts: 39FreedomPop Newbie
    Basic questions... Can we assume FP mails out specific SIM cards to match the customers BYOD phone?

How does that apply to the Global SIM and international travel. I want to place
    and receive calls and texts while in Europe.

Thx
  • Mary PalmerMary Palmer Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a BLU Pure XL, unlocked gsm, can I use this with Freedompop? What sim card would I use?
    Thanks
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016 #33

I have a BLU Pure XL, unlocked gsm, can I use this with Freedompop? What sim card would I use?
    Thanks

You can get a sim from here, this seller will setup the account for you and take care of all account related details so you don't have to.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/301942645121
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • SonyGuySonyGuy Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Can I bring an unlocked Sony Xperia Z1? I currently use it on T-Mobile with a sim card.
  • blackhawkdriverblackhawkdriver Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    If I have a SIMGLW406R Sprint sim and I want to use it in an iPhone 6s Plus. Is that not possible?
    null

If you'd bother to have read the table on the first page you'd have seen that the sim required is one of these:
    SIMGLW406C
    SIMGLW416C
    SIMGLW426C
    SIMGLW436C

iPhone 5s
    iPhone 5c
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iPhone 6s
    iPhone 6s Plus
    iPad mini 2
    iPad mini 3
    iPad mini 4
    iPad Air
    iPad Air 2
    iPad Pro

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple Devices
    Phone SIM Card Notes
    iPhone 5
    iPad mini (1st generation)
    iPad with Retina Display (Fourth Generation)
    SIMGLW406R
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone 5c
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iPhone 6s
    iPhone 6s Plus
    iPad mini 2
    iPad mini 3
    iPad mini 4
    iPad Air
    iPad Air 2
    iPad Pro
    SIMGLW406C
    SIMGLW416C
    SIMGLW426C
    SIMGLW436C
    Any of these SIM Cards will work
    The New iPad (3rd Generation) SIMGLW206R
    All other Apple Devices No SIM needed!
    Samsung Devices
    Phone SIM Card Notes
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Samsung Galaxy Note III
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    SIMGLW206R
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    SIMOLW416C
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Samsung
    SIMGLT207R
    All other Samsung Devices No SIM needed!
    LG Devices
    Phone SIM Card Notes
    LG G2
    Nexus 5
    SIMGLW206R
    LG G3
    LG Tribute
    SIMGLW216C
    LG Volt
    LG Optimus F3
    LG Optimus F7
    SIMGLT207R
    Nexus 5x SIMGLW446C
    LG G4 SIMGLW236C
    All other LG Devices No SIM needed!
    Motorola Devices
    Phone SIM Card Notes
    Moto E
    Moto G (3rd Generation)
    SIMGLW236C
    Moto X (First Generation)
    Moto X (Second Generation)
    SIMGLW406R
    Nexus 6
    Nexus 6p (Yes, this is a Huawei device. I am too lazy to make a new category for Huawei right now :P)
    Moto X Pure
    SIMGLW446C
    All other Motorola Devices No SIM needed!
    HTC Devices
    Phone SIM Card Notes
    HTC Desire 510 SIMGLT207R
    HTC One Max SIMGLW206R
    HTC One M8
    HTC One E8
    SIMGLW406R
    HTC One M9 SIMGLW446C
    All other HTC Devices No SIM needed!
  • John MoodJohn Mood Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    edited May 2016 #38
    Ali said:

@Gabe Thanks for pointing that out, the LG G4 needs a SIMGLW236C. I will add it to the matrix.

Ali, I have an LG L22C "Power" model, (CDMA). It's not listed as needing a SIM card either, though it does have a SIM slot. (now empty) My current carrier is Total Wireless (Riding on the Verizon network [as a Tracfone]). (Yech!)

I want to unlock it. and jump to FreedomPOP, but want to do it correctly. What's up? Does it too need a SIM?
    Post edited by John Mood on
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016 #39
    @John Mood It will not work on FreedomPop since its from Verizon! FreedomPop uses Sprint only. Purchase a SIM Card directly from FreedomPop's site to use the GSM service for your phone to work on FreedomPop, it's already unlocked.
    The generic SIM from FreedomPOP will let my LG L22C work on FreedomPOP?
    That model is NOT in your matrix... And it is listed as a CDMA, tech specs from LG:
    "Technology CDMA
    Network CDMA (Dual-Band/Single Mode)
    Frequencies 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA

Will it even work in GSM services?

I may have to POP for a new phone...
  • trumazontrumazon Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi @Ali I registered s4 with wrong simglw236c now I can't pass hands free activation no voice or data guess it's from it. I buy new simglw206r with iccid 89011200000132942631 can you update it in my profile please. My meid is 256691487007964422.
    Thank you
    edited May 2016 #42
    @Ali, How does one find a specific sim card number (to purchase) on the FreedomPOP site, or does one have to buy those separately from another vendor? Looking for the SIMGLW236C for a Moto E.

I sent for a SIMGLW236C, listed for my Moto E, and then who do I call or what web address do I go to to activate the phone on FreedomPOP please?
    Post edited by John Mood on
  • Melissa WhiteheadMelissa Whitehead Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    How about the Oneplus One 'Flagship Killer' phone? What SIM card do I need to get for mine? It's a completely opened phone meaning it was never locked or will ever be sold "locked in" to any particular carrier.
  • bencjedibencjedi Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Ali, just got off the phone with FreedomPOP technical support.

I am unable to get the Cellular Data Network settings menu to appear on my iPhone 5 that was previously on AT&T (GSM network) and unlocked (as verified after a full device 'reset all files and settings' and plugging in iTunes.. received the successfully unlocked message). I have no way to insert the APN in the settings.

Shipping is sending me a new SIM
    SIMGLW406R

Is that what I need? Or is your table for Sprint phones only? I'm confused how to make this work.

I bought a used T-Mobile card off eBay and when I insert this into the phone the Cellular Data Network settings menu appears, so I am fairly certain I don't have the correct FreedomPOP SIM. The FreedomPOP SIM should expose those same settings, correct?
    Oh also no one has ever asked me for the IMEI or ICCID from my iPhone 5. Do you need those?
    Never mind! Turns out the SIM is ok. I went to m.apnchanger.org and used that to create a custom cell profile and now it works. I still have no cellular network data menu but it doesn't matter.
  • abcabc Posts: 189FreedomPop Newbie
    that's a great update.
  • grasgras Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm confused. Why are there SIM cards now? I thought Sprint and Verizon were CDMA and didn't have SIM cards, while TMobile and ATT did with their GSM phones. What changed? I have a super old device, Galaxy S2, and I don't have a SIM card - which matches what the table states. I'm wondering why CDMA is now requiring a SIM for the Galaxy S5 for example? I've been on Republic Wireless for almost 2 years, and I'm back to FreedomPop now, so I'm behind the times obviously.
    It's simple, LTE is a GSM technology. A SIM card is required to access it. However unlike GSM sim, the sim is tied to a phone on sprint until the phone is deactivated from the network. At that time the sim is usable in another device.

The gs2 doesn't require a sim as it isn't an LTE device. All LTE device either have a sim slot or in the case of the s3 l, 803s, and a few other devices have an embedded sim.

Without a sim the device will be relegated to 3G or less only.

@Ryan Radford 2: Thanks that helps. Can I buy a GS6 for example from any carrier and pop in the corresponding Sprint SIM card and activate on FreedomPop, or does the phone have to be unlocked?
    @Ali : Does the Moto X 2nd gen work on FreedomPop? Thanks