**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD: What SIM card do I need for my BYOD handset?

Comments

• boechererboecherer Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Nexus LG5 and I was told I need a SIMGLW206R. I went to Sprint today and they said they won't sell me one if I don't have a Sprint phone number. Do I give them the phone number I have when I signed up with FreedomPop and they will have it in their system or is this a lost cause now. I saw this online: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016/03/sprint-blocking-loophole-that-allowed.html Does this mean that FreedomPop phones can't be used on Sprint anymore?

Is there somewhere else to get a SIMGLW206R or will Sprint not allow them to be used if the IMEI hasn't been on Sprint prepaid for 12 months?
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    gras said:

@Ryan Radford 2: Thanks that helps. Can I buy a GS6 for example from any carrier and pop in the corresponding Sprint SIM card and activate on FreedomPop, or does the phone have to be unlocked?

It would be easier to get the Sprint GS6, however if you want to get the Global sim you can use an GSM unlocked one
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • grasgras Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    gras said:

@Ali : Does the Moto X 2nd gen work on FreedomPop? Thanks

Never mind, I see it on the table........ not sure how I missed it before.
  • clh65clh65 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    will the sim card I was sent work ob my byod motorola atrix hd mb886
  • clh65clh65 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    motorola atrix hd mb886 from At&t that I use for my straighttalk/sprint pre paid service work with a Freedom Pop sim?
    edited June 2016 #57
    clh65 said:

motorola atrix hd mb886 from At&t that I use for my straighttalk/sprint pre paid service work with a Freedom Pop sim?

You'll need to go to att.com/deviceunlock to get the device sim unlocked after that the global sim will work in the device. Also I can assure you that your device is using the att network on straight talk as that device is a GSM only device, and doesn't have the capability to run on sprint.

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

• taewleetaewlee Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    if I buy a sim card for my unlocked ATT motorola moto E, will I be able to sign up for freedompop's occasional BYOD 2GB of free data forever plan?
  • taewleetaewlee Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    if i buy a sim card for my unlocked ATT motorola moto E,
    will i be able to sign up for freedompop's ocassional
    2GB of data free forever promotions?
    taewlee said:

if i buy a sim card for my unlocked ATT motorola moto E,
    will i be able to sign up for freedompop's ocassional
    2GB of data free forever promotions?

The att moto e is a GSM device and needs the global GSM sim to work on FreedomPop. That promotion that pops up from time to time is for the sprint side of things.

• LorenzoleeLorenzolee Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Someone stole my SIM card from my HTC 510 that I bought from Freedompop. How do I get a replacement?
  • abcabc Posts: 189FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 2016 #62
    boecherer said:

I have a Nexus LG5 and I was told I need a SIMGLW206R. I went to Sprint today and they said they won't sell me one if I don't have a Sprint phone number. Do I give them the phone number I have when I signed up with FreedomPop and they will have it in their system or is this a lost cause now. I saw this online: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016/03/sprint-blocking-loophole-that-allowed.html Does this mean that FreedomPop phones can't be used on Sprint anymore?

Is there somewhere else to get a SIMGLW206R or will Sprint not allow them to be used if the IMEI hasn't been on Sprint prepaid for 12 months?

if you fully paid off your Nexus 5 , you can active it on Freedompop,

probably you can get a sprint SIM at bestbuy for $10
  • ShinkuShinku Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 2016 #63
    I'm looking to pre-purchase the Motorola G 4th gen from amazon.com but I want to be sure I can use my FreedomPop 3-in-1 sim card with this phone. The phone is unlocked and says, "Unlocked and carrier-friendly, works with all major carrier networks domestically or abroad (including AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon)." From my understanding, FreedomPop piggybacks off of the Sprint network, but I do want to be sure I can use my sim card and use the basic free plan with this phone before I go out and buy it. Below is a link to the phone I'd like to buy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EZC9WC0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
  • abcabc Posts: 189FreedomPop Newbie
    freedompop 3in1 sim card is GSM

so the listed phone works

btw pls keep in mind, freedompop is on voip,
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016 #65

Someone stole my SIM card from my HTC 510 that I bought from Freedompop. How do I get a replacement?

You will most likely have to go to a Sprint store (or BestBuy) and purchase the SIM card, if it doesn't work upon inserting, and admin should be able to help.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Chris SchavesChris Schaves Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali - I have an iPad with Verizon that I would like to bring over to FP. Do I simply need to purchase a SIM card for this device? Thanks.

Chris
  • Suresh BhandariSuresh Bhandari Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My account is activated but I am not able to make call from my device even I have full signal.

It's almost 11 days I am not able to use FreedomPop and waist customer support.
  • Provo14Provo14 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Can I use a BLU Studio 6.0 HD phone I purchased on Amazon & used for a T-Mobile prepaid. I am not porting the #.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @Provo14 - You should be able to use this with the GSM SIM and the Global plan options. Although, even though your phone is dual sim, only one of the slots will work with FreedomPop 4G.

If you are interested in the Free Plan, this GSM Global SIM qualifies for 200MB (+ more from friends), 500 SMS, and 200 minutes.

You will have to make sure the phone is updated, and you will need to download the FreedomPop Messaging App in order to make calls/texts. Make sure you also purchase the GSM Talk/Text/Data SIM instead of just the Data-Only SIM.

You can find this SIM by clicking here.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • amploadampload Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Does a Sprint Galaxy S7 ( Unlocked ) it uses a CDMA ...But also has a Micro SIM Card I think. Does it need a SIMs Card also ?
    Does a Sprint Galaxy S5 ( Unlocked ) it uses a CDMA ...But also has a Micro SIM Card I think. Does it need a SIMs Card also ?
    its the S5 Model ... Im sorry I must have typred it wrong.
    @ampload - MicroSD card doesn't have to do with cellular. If the phone is Unlocked, and it is a CDMA model, that means you can use it either with FreedomPop CDMA or FreedomPop GSM SIM.

If you decide to use CDMA, you will need to get a compatible Sprint SIM model: SIMGLW206R (You should be able to get this at a Sprint/Best Buy store). With this plan you can use it in the USA only, and on the free CDMA plan you get the following:
    • 500MB data (+ additional 500 if you add friends) of 4G LTE on Sprint
    • 200 minutes
    • 500 text messages
    If you decide to use GSM, you will need to get a FreedomPop GSM Global SIM (You can buy one for $4.99). With this plan you can use it in the USA or 24 other countries (more coming soon), and on the free GSM plan you get the following:
    • 200MB data (+ additional 500 if you add friends) of 4G HSPA/HSPA+ on T-Mobile, AT&T, and others in other countries - mostly in Europe.
    • 200 minutes
    • 500 text messages

• weboptimistweboptimist Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    edited July 2016 #74
    Would a Posh Primo Plus C353 smartphone work? It's unlocked and dual SIM, but obviously not a Sprint phone.
    edited July 2016 #75
    @weboptimist - According to its specifications, it would work. However, it would only reach 3G speeds. Also, I'd imagine the phone would be extremely slow to use since it only has 0.25GB RAM

• weboptimistweboptimist Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    JJFreedom said:

@weboptimist - According to its specifications, it would work. However, it would only reach 3G speeds. Also, I'd imagine the phone would be extremely slow to use since it only has 0.25GB RAM

Thanks. I would be using it as a backup phone, so the speed isn't really an issue. I'll give it a shot.