**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD: What SIM card do I need for my BYOD handset?

Comments

• qyf_itqyf_it Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    JJFreedom said:

@qyf_it - unfortunately not, using that specific sim is only for CDMA variants of the G4, and it's used to connect to CDMA networks, not GSM.

The GSM service will only work is your phone is completely GSM-Unlocked, and using the GSM Global SIM.

So how can I verify if my LG G4 is completely GSM-Unlocked?

I tried several SIMs from H2O and international one (UNICOM), and could get mobile data on the G4...

@JJFreedom
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 421FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @qyf_it - it seems you have verified correctly for your device. To test if a device is unlocked, you just put different sim cards from GSM carriers (like you have done).

So now we know that the phone isn't the problem, please verify that your device's APN is set to freedompop.foggmobile.com (with FreedomPop SIM inserted).
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • kewlguy201kewlguy201 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    @JJFreedom not sure if u got my last message the lg g stylo is from sprint which is an ls990 this should work fine on the global sim card? if not what steps do i need to make, also bought an lg g3 which is an ntelos as990 to which i beleave is now sprint own, what steps do i need to make this work on that sim as well, hopefully not much but any help is appeciated thanks.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 421FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    Hello @kewlguy201 - Unfortunately, since you devices are Sprint devices, they are incompatible with with GSM services. Your devices are CDMA, while GSM operates on a different kind of network.

However, your devices may be usable on the Nationwide CDMA (Sprint-run) FreedomPop Network (there's also a free USA plan with CDMA). To check if your devices are compatible with this specific service, please visit Freedompop.com/BYOD

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
    jjfreedom ok that doesn't seem to work how do i get this to work on that sprint run cdma one there please help
    would the imei number help at ll
    Sorry @kewlguy201 - Please try this link: http://www.freedompop.com/byod

ok @ jjfreedom i want to down grade my service to free plan but it's saying i need to update my billing info, all i want is free service no billing should be needed correct, i don't wanna be charged i just want the free service????
    @kewlguy201 - You need a valid payment form on file. If you have a valid payment form, you will need to contact a forum admin to handle this.

• rebelrebel Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    What about the lg rebel does it need a sim card
  • antant Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Iam trying to activate my Sprint galaxy s5 but can't? ?????
  • snew27snew27 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @JJFreedom Is Sprint S7 supported by BYOD?
    @snew27 - I'm not 100% sure since it's still considered a new device
    I know that FreedomPop sells their own S7's, so I'm assuming the answer would be yes, it would be compatible.
    As long as you've used it with another Sprint service for 1 yr or the MEID has been released, and as long as you purchase the right SIM card (I believe its SIMOLW416C), then you should be good to go!

-JJFreedom

• RayBromontRayBromont Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I currently have a galaxy Samsung that does not work properly. I would like to transport my service to my iPhone 4 (bought in Canada --unlocked) How do I do that?
  • ashbuttashbutt Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    It says my tcl_metropcs_7040N isnt compatible with freedompop, but i was wondering if there is some way around it so it can be compatible? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
  • mcgreggers99mcgreggers99 Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    @JJFreedom

I'm looking to upgrade my current Samsung Victory by buying a Sprint branded Galaxy S7 off of ebay instead of through Freedompop's store because I like new hardware even if I'm bargain shopping. I just realized that I'm going to need to pick up a Sprint SIM (likely the SIMOLW416C per your suggestion) I was looking at buying a NEW open boxed unlocked phone.

However, your recent post to @snew27 indicated that you thought an S7 needed to be used with another Sprint service for 1 yr or the MEID needed to be released before using it on freedompop's BYOB. Why is this?

In theory as long as the phone was a CDMA phone with the proper Sprint SIM, couldn't I just buy one and use in on Freedompop BYOB?
  • surfyogisurfyogi Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    2 questions:

1) Can you tell me if I buy a used Sprint Note 4, and it does not come with a SIM card, what model sim card is needed?

2) Before purchasing a used phone, can you tell me if I should check for a clean MEID, etc. and how would I check?
  • surfyogisurfyogi Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Verizon Note 4.

I purchased a Global SIM card from FP, and the phone will not activate with it on FP.

Verizon sez by law, all phones have to be unlocked now.. so they claim it is not locked.

But when I attempt to install global GSM sim card from FP, it will not allow me to install the FP Messaging App and gives the error code 505,
    cannot install SIM card" error.

Any clues, or am I out of luck?

@JJFreedom

I'm looking to upgrade my current Samsung Victory by buying a Sprint branded Galaxy S7 off of ebay instead of through Freedompop's store because I like new hardware even if I'm bargain shopping. I just realized that I'm going to need to pick up a Sprint SIM (likely the SIMOLW416C per your suggestion) I was looking at buying a NEW open boxed unlocked phone.

However, your recent post to @snew27 indicated that you thought an S7 needed to be used with another Sprint service for 1 yr or the MEID needed to be released before using it on freedompop's BYOB. Why is this?

In theory as long as the phone was a CDMA phone with the proper Sprint SIM, couldn't I just buy one and use in on Freedompop BYOB?

Hello @mcgreggers99 - This does not relate to FreedomPop's S7 Phones. What I was telling the other user was in relation to bringing your own device, not one sold by FreedomPop.

FreedomPop's requirements are that the Sprint device is CDMA-released. In order for a Sprint-MVNO (Boost, Sprint, etc.) carrier to release the device, they usually require that the device has been used on their service for a full year. Some Sprint phones will already be good to go, although I haven't seen much of this.

So to answer your last question, as long as the device is CDMA-Released or CDMA-Unlocked, then yes, your device will be good with a SIM card. If not, you will have to follow the carrier's switching requirements (almost always one year).

• josh jamesjosh james Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I just bought an Sprint Samsung s4 and it didn't have a SIM card. The recommended SIM was simolw216r. this was recommended by Freedompop itself. Why does it show a 206r here? Which is correct? I have had sim card problems after 30 minutes or so after reboot and no 4g LTE since switching phones.
  • nct53nct53 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a "SAM" GSM/SMS home security system. They no longer have service or support. Will a sim from Freedompop work with this SAM? It is a SAM-C5, and works with frequencies 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz.

Thanks in advance for your response(s) !
  • Richard PettengillRichard Pettengill Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    To activate BYOD Iphone 4s, which Sprint sim card do I need?
  • SeemoreFREEstuffSeemoreFREEstuff Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have an account for a GS2. I want to upgrade to a Moto G (4th gen). I purchased a sim kit for it, (just now). Is there any way to change the phone number from my GS2 over to my new Moto G? The Moto G is unlocked. B)

Thanks for any help :)
  • SeemoreFREEstuffSeemoreFREEstuff Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I just bought a, Moto G (4th gen) and just ordered a sim from FreedomPop. I already have an account using a GS2 phone. I want to upgrade from the GS2 to the Moto G. Can I get some help reassigning the phone number from the GS2 to the Moto G? I am a deaf user and a phone call won't work for me,,, I text like crazy tho!

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
  • carlylemiiicarlylemiii Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Any word on what SIM is needed for the Moto G4 for Sprint Freedompop purposes? SIMGLW446C is what is proper for Sprint and also what Ting requires ...but I am being told by FP support that I need SIMGLW406R (Moto X 1st gen...) or SIMGLW236C (Moto G4 *PLAY*). It's very difficult to get Sprint SIM cards for not actually using with Sprint...

Can anyone confirm what SIM?