**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD: What SIM card do I need for my BYOD handset?

12346»

Comments

• JakesOnlineJakesOnline Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I just purchased a 3 in 1 Universal SIM card (item #760492034500) from sprint.com for $3. I'll let you know if it works on my Galaxy S5.

I googled 760492034500 and it came up as a UPC for an item on ebay which also has a model number of SIMOLW506C. The description states it will work on FreedomPop with Samsung S6/Edge/Edge+, Samsung S7/Edge, Moto X Pure, Motorola G4. This thread states S6 needs a SIMOLW416C, so I figure I'd give it shot in my S5, which, according to the thread, needs a SIMGLW206R. Makes me wonder what the C and R stand for in the SIM model numbers.
  • Jaiden_rJaiden_r Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi i just got a iphone 5 sprint but no sim once i activate will you guys send me one ?
  • SLS MainLineSLS MainLine Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    What SIM for the Motorola Moto E4? I am trying SIMOLW416Q but having no luck.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    Jaiden_r said:

Hi i just got a iphone 5 sprint but no sim once i activate will you guys send me one ?

@Jaiden_r - From what I've been told, FreedomPop doesn't provide Sprint SIM cards. However, you can easily obtain one from your local Sprint (or even most Best Buy retailers) for about $5!
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • SLS MainLineSLS MainLine Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    edited July 2017 #131

What SIM for the Motorola Moto E4? I am trying SIMOLW416Q but having no luck.

Follow-up: After doing a little research, I now think the correct SIM is SIMGLW416Q. I intend to get one later this SIMGLW416Q week and try it out.

Follow-up #2: Got a SIMGLW416Q from the Sprint store, I get "Invalid Sim" error and my account still give error 303
    FYI - I am wanting to use the Moto E4 as a Sprint CDMA device, not as a GSM device.
    Post edited by SLS MainLine on
  • iboxstoreiboxstore Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    immortal said:

does my sim have to be used for it to work or can i buy a new one from the sprint store

https://iboxstore.com/
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @immortal - Please don't go to the website listed in the previous comment. That user appears to be spam, and that link is not sent by FreedomPop
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Karyna KaraliovaKaryna Karaliova Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello! I just get my new device iPhone SE and want to move my phone number to the new device.I tried to get a tech support help => https://www.screencast.com/t/fmrwem0iH65 and I could not log in. What should I do next?
  • OkiOki Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Dear FreedomPop support,

I have been a happy FP user since 2015. Now it is time to upgrade from the Samsung S5 I bought to FreedomPop to something newer. The screen of my unit has now issues and I am forced to change the terminal. At the same time I would like to keep the plan, services and data in the card.

My sister upgraded her terminal and I have now here her iPhone 6S 64GB carrier locked to Sprint. It is obviously iCloud unlocked and ESN clean. She has not asked for unlocking the device since I've read in your BYOD documentation that the terminal must remain locked to Sprint. My problem is that the card that came with my Samsung S5 is a micro-sim and the iPhone 6S requires a nano-sim. I have several questions:

1. Can I just trim the micro-sim to the smaller nano-sim form factor with scissors and simply introduce it in the Sprint iPhone 6S?
    2. Has FreedomPop any any other upgrade option such as providing a new and smaller Sprint SIM card?
    3. Is this Sprint carrier locked iPhone 6S compatible with this card?

Getting a new LTE SIM from FreedomPop is not a solution for me since I would like to use this Sprint unit that my sister is not using.

Thanks for your support.

Oscar
  • espace line2espace line2 Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    @Karina @Jorge @Lucy @Rich Sias (16th) @AlejandraG
    1. Can you confirm what's the correct Sprint LTE SIM to use with the Sprint Zing Netgear (formerly Sierra AirCard) AC771s mobile hotspot. Is it the SIMGLW206R (Ting says this is the right sprint SIM part number but I'd like confirmation from Freedompop directly ) ??
    2. Where and how could I get this Sprint LTE SIM for cheap or free?
    3. Is the correct Sprint LTE SIM absolutely required in order to activate the hotspot?? Because the hotspot supports 2G, 3G CDMA, 3G UMTS HSPA (gsm), and 4G LTE (gsm). Without a sim, the hotspot should be able to communicate with the towers using its own built in UICC 3G CDMA SIM, isn't this right? So shouldn't the LTE SIM only enable, but not require, connecting on LTE?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @espace line2
    1. I am not an employee, so cannot confirm what you want. I do use that site for most of my lookups that I cannot find on FreedomPop's BYOD part number references. I'd say in my opinion that that number they say is the right one.
    2. Best Buy. Or search the part number on eBay.
    3. Not required in phones. Not so sure about hot spots. Sprint doesn't use SIMs except to enable LTE to be accessible.

2. extra info.
    +++++++++++++Best Buy info
    SIMs aren't available at all Best Buys. Sprint SIMs are NOT displayed on the shelves with the other SIMs, they're locked away at the mobile service desk

NOTE: DO NOT go to the Mobile section at the beginning(the mobile staff won't help or not willing to help!), go to the customer service, ask them to check if the item in stock, if yes, ask them to print out the slip as proof, then go to the mobile section. If they tell you not found, just say the customer service has checked it, many in stock, ask for double check with PLEASE.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • espace line2espace line2 Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks @Rich Sias (16th)
    I went to Apple and got the Sprint SIM for my Sprint Netgear Zing hotspot. All I had to go was give the Sprint part number SIMGLW206R to the Apple checkin employee at the front of the store and explain I needed the Sprint microSIM for my Apple iPad Retina display.

Here's the full list of all NINE Sprint CDMA SIM cards each with its part number.
    For each Sprint SIM, there's a list of which Sprint-compatible (FreedomPop) phones and tablet devices the SIM is made to work with.

https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/205428218-Finding-Your-SIM-Card
    A FP employee should copy this info and create a new CDMA SIM info page on the FP website, and give credit to Ting wireless.
  • Michelle PattersonnMichelle Pattersonn Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    SIMGLW446C works with Freedompop and Moto G4 unlocked XT1625
12346»