**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Help Porting Out

Scott EddyScott Eddy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 42
Sprint is just not good enough in this area. Gotta switch to Verizon. Been trying to port out since Friday. Can someone help get my number released?

Comments

• Hello @Scott Eddy

I took a look at your account and was able to see that the port out is already in process. However, you will need to contact the carrier that you will be porting the number out to and you will need to provide them with your account number and pin.
  • Scott EddyScott Eddy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 42
    I already gave them both. The first time they submitted, they did so with one digit wrong on the PIN. They resubmitted yesterday with the correct PIN.
    edited November 2015 #4
    Also, when I port out, will my account stay open? I would like to keep the service to use as my WiFi home phone, with a new number.
    I successfully ported out & got a new number for my home. Thanks!
  • Great!! Also, your account stays open so you are able to keep using the WiFi :3
  • Logan WilliamsLogan Williams FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 22
    @Karina Magana Hi, could you also please help me with porting out my number? I am trying to transfer my device and number to Ting, but they are saying it is still active with FreedomPop. I am trying to be careful because I don't want to lose my number. How should I go about doing this? Thanks.
  • @Logan Williams

Have you provided the other carrier with the account number and pin for the phone number?
  • Logan WilliamsLogan Williams FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 22
    Thanks for getting back to me @Karina Magana ! Yes, I have and they seem to have successfully ported my number out; however, my device still needs to be deactivated in order to switch it over. I have tried clicking "Deactivate Account" on my Account Settings page, but that didn't seem to do anything. Can you please help me here? I am without my number right now because I can't seem to free up my device to activate on Ting. Thanks.

P.S. - I'm not planning on leaving FreedomPop forever, just for this device.
  • @Logan Williams

I have deactivated your device as you previously requested!
  • Dong LiuDong Liu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1

@Logan Williams

I have deactivated your device as you previously requested!

I'm in the same situation - number ported out but phone (Kyocera) remains active. Can you help to release the device? Thanks!
  • Hello @Dong Liu

I have deactivated your device as you requested :3
  • jjnellijjnelli FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1

I have been trying to port from phone number from Freedom Pop to Ting for over a week now. The first time I tried, it said the information was wrong, but I put in the correct information, including my account number, which is my phone number, my pin, name, and address. In case the pin was wrong somehow, I changed it in my Freedom Pop account and then used that new pin number in a new port request through Ting. It still said the information was no matching up. I then did a conference call to Freedom Pop with a Ting rep to port the number, Freedom Pop was given all my information and verified that it was corrrect on their end, but my number still would not port. I was told that I needed to call Freedom Pop back after 72 hours and it would go through. 4 days later I tried to port again, however, Ting is being told that my information is not matching up, another Ting rep is being told that it will take 7 days and my number will port on April 12... I don't understand why this is so difficult to port my number. Can you please help me?

My disabled mother and father were stranded in an airport over night, due to missing their flight, and they could not reach me so I could book them a hotel while they waited until morning. I also can not answer or make any phone calls on my Freedom Pop ap, nor can I look at or send texts. The Freedom Pop app keeps freezing on me. I have an Iphone4. Thank you!