**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How to Tell the LTE Band in use on the 6100D

comintelcomintel Posts: 310FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Netgear Gateway #1
It is important to know the Band at which the 6100D connects.

You can get this on the Sprint pages at

About / View Network Status Details.

It may be 41, 25, or 26.

Also note the RSRP which may be -110 or hopefully higher.

Comments

• Philip DehnertPhilip Dehnert Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    Just wondering about band frequencies for the 6100D. I have no signals that I can test right now because I'm still "offline" with FreedomPop/Sprint. But I found these signal frequency specs on Wikipedia for Sprint's 4G LTE Bands and they seem kind of low compared to those listed for their regular 3G WiFi connections. Here are their specs:
    4G LTE Band 26: 800 MHz.
    4G LTE Band 25: 1900 MHz.
    4G LTE Band 41: 2500 MHz (2.5 GHz).
    3G WiFi: 2.4 GHz.
    3G WiFi: 5.2 GHz.
    Phil ~
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 310FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #3

Just wondering about band frequencies for the 6100D. I have no signals that I can test right now because I'm still "offline" with FreedomPop/Sprint. But I found these signal frequency specs on Wikipedia for Sprint's 4G LTE Bands and they seem kind of low compared to those listed for their regular 3G WiFi connections. Here are their specs:
    4G LTE Band 26: 800 MHz.
    4G LTE Band 25: 1900 MHz.
    4G LTE Band 41: 2500 MHz (2.5 GHz).
    3G WiFi: 2.4 GHz.
    3G WiFi: 5.2 GHz.
    Phil ~

The lower the frequency, the better the propagation over large distances and into buildings.

But Sprint can offer higher speeds at 2500 MHz for those who are in the shorter distance range covered by that band.

So the 800 MHz band is especially prized and has made a huge difference for Sprint voice and data coverage for people in poor reception areas. (In some border and other areas it cannot be used yet because they are waiting for international and local law enforcement etc. agreements to clear the band).

Sprint has huge unused capacity at 2500 MHz.

Capacity is limited at 800 MHz.

So it will try 2500 first, then 1900, and finally 800 LTE (before finally falling over to 3G), to give you highest speed available and to limit use of the 800 MHz wide-area band to those who need it.

• John YorkJohn York Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie

comintel said:

The lower the frequency, the better the propagation over large distances and into buildings.

But Sprint can offer higher speeds at 2500 MHz for those who are in the shorter distance range covered by that band.

So the 800 MHz band is especially prized and has made a huge difference for Sprint voice and data coverage for people in poor reception areas. (In some border and other areas it cannot be used yet because they are waiting for international and local law enforcement etc. agreements to clear the band).

Sprint has huge unused capacity at 2500 MHz.

Capacity is limited at 800 MHz.

So it will try 2500 first, then 1900, and finally 800 LTE (before finally falling over to 3G), to give you highest speed available and to limit use of the 800 MHz wide-area band to those who need it.

This is a very helpful bit of info. Thank you comintel!