Premium Voice

The premium voice has quit working on my S3 as well as my wife's. It shows active in the messaging app on both phones. Both phones have had the premium voice activated since it has been offered and have not had any problems with it until now. When I make a call and it goes to the premium voice I get a recording that this your account is not authorized to make calls to this number, if you would like additional capabilities call customer support. I have updated PRL and Profile, have forced stopped messenger and cleared cache all to no avail. Thank you for your assistance.

Best Answer

Answers

• S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Have you checked your billing info on your account?

Best to log onto your account from a computer and check that.
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    I have checked both accounts from a desktop and it shows premium voice active. I have updated the PRL and Profile, force stopped messaging and cleared cache and the problem still persists. The problem started prior to the current billing cycle and is still there. The charges are going through on the card with no problems. It appears I may have to call support.
  • Victor BarleycornVictor Barleycorn Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also having the same problem! it's infuriating, considering the freedompop app sucks and hangs up on me whenever I try to multitask
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the service should be taken off your accounts and then added back on. It shouldn't charge you a second time if you remove it yourself and then add it back on, but you never know
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
    Can you please direct me on how to get it off? When I go to account> services > premium voice> manage ... it doesn't let me take it off the account.
    under my account go to my services > Premium Voice manage details, to deactivate click here in very small print
    Thanks for the directions. Though I don't think I am going to deactivate it. Mike did you get it to work finally? I contacted support and they said that premium voice is an automatic option. Interestingly when I signed up, it looked like every outgoing call I made was automatically premium voice.

Regardless, the details in their app redirects to the freedompop app to make calls. If you prevent it from redirecting, it will automatically make all outgoing calls premium voice.
    @stefs Thank you that was it !!!
  • stefsstefs Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Your welcome. I'm glad I was able to help. So often I am getting an answer from the forums, hardly helping at all. I didn't want to give up on freedom pop because of the great price. I was wondering if you have tweaked the freedom pop audio, call, and network settings? There's probably some benefit to that but I have to figure the best settings. Happy new year.
  • stefsstefs Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    I am glad I was able to help, so often I am getting the help from the forums. I was wondering if you have tweaked the freedompop audio, call, and network settings? I'm sure that tweaking then might have some benefit. Happy new year.
    I did adjust the audio settings (Codecs) on all our phones (S3,Hydro,Volt) used the 8000 settings but with the new messaging app those are no longer available. I am waiting freedompop's own phone which is due out soon. It should be a better option, if it's designed to work on their network and use VOIP