**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Need Help Porting Number Out - BYOD iPhone 5

Logan WilliamsLogan Williams FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 22
I am trying to port my number out to Ting and I'm getting an error saying that my device/number is still active with FreedomPop. How can I deactivate my device/number without losing my current phone number? Is there a way someone can unlock or release my phone number so I can port it out? Thanks.

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    @Logan Williams It should not be necessary to deactivate your phone in order to port your FP number. Here is a checklist of things to verify.
    1) If you have the option select that the number is a land line port.
    2) Your account number will be the phone number on the home page when you are logged into your account. (The number in the phones settings is not portable.)
    3) pin can be found by going to my account, account setting and scroll down to the port number out section. Click on the edit link and it will display the port out pin.
    4) Address will be the same address you used for billing information.

If all the above have been done then you will need the assistance of one of the forum admins or call CS to check for problems with your account.
  • Logan WilliamsLogan Williams FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 22
    Hi @Richard Allen thanks for getting back to me. I was able to get my number ported over, but now I am not able to get my device deactivated with FreedomPop. I tried clicking the "Deactivate Account" on my Account Settings page, but that didn't seem to work. How can I release my device (iPhone 5 BYOD) so that it can be activated on Ting? Thanks!