My S3 is broken, I need to replace it ASAP with the same number and plan!

LaurajhLaurajh Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
Hiiii...

I need help ASAP, please!!!!
I have a plan with FreedomPop and the cellphone that I was using is broken. I need to replace it but without lost the number and the plan. How can I do??? I saw that FreedomPop have a promotional price with the Samsung Galaxy s3, I need that phone... Thanks for your help!!!

Answers

• Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    First you need to purchase the new device,

then you need to go to FreedomPop.com/activate and set it up in a new email, if it is purchased from a site like groupon or newegg

If it purchased from the FreedomPop website just buy it under a new email address

Then comeback here and one of the admins will help you swap your devices
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • LaurajhLaurajh Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Ryan!!! It doesn't matter if the new devices comes with a plan??? I don't need a plan, only the device. Also, if I buy a new cellphone, can I cancel the plan ASAP the phones are swap???? And... I'll need to pay the other plan???

Thanks so much!!!
    edited November 2015 #4
    You can have them cancel the other account after they swap it, or you can have them downgrade the one you aren't going to use to the free plan and then friend it and use it as a data share account. Transferring 100MB over every billing cycle.

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

Hi again @Ryan Radford 2
    I bought a Motorola Moto E NY tanga.com. It'll be today at home and I'm not sure how can I do. I didn't make a account with FreedomPop when I bought the new cellphone so I'm not sure how can I ask for swap the accounts. Also, I need to keep the other account, not the new one. And I need to do it ASAP. How long it will be take??? I need to create a new account with the new cellphone bought in tanga???? Thanks again.
    Ok here are the steps.

1. turn the device on and go to settings> about Phone/Device> Status
    2. Scroll down to the imei
    3. go to freedompop.com/activate
    4. enter in the information that it asks for, for the email address use the same one you used for your original account. Only this time add a +1 just before the @ symbol. I.E. [email protected]
    5. contact customer support by either calling them, email [email protected], twitter @freedompophelp, facebook.com/freedompop, tell them that you'd like to preform a swap between your two accounts.
    6. downgrade the new account to the free services once the swap is complete by going to My Account>Plans>Details and Plan management>click here to downgrade and go to my account> Services>View Details> Click here to deactivate
    7. make sure you add the new account as friend of your old one that way you can share data to yourself every month.

Hi @Ryan Radford 2

I'm trying to activate my new phone but it's not working. This is the email that I use to buy the new cellphone [email protected] but I need to activate the new phone in this account argue[email protected]

Can I put the new IMEI here???

Thanks again.
    Please do not publicly post the imei number on this forum or anywhere on the Internet. So you got the Moto e from the FreedomPop sale on tanga?

If that is the case:

click here

Enter in the meid dec from the about settings of the device then enter in the email address you are wanting to use.

Hi @Ryan Radford 2
    I do the same step many times, but it's not working. It's taking so much time and the screen say "checking availability"

I'm really sorry with you but I need to so this asap.

Thanks!
    Unfortunately I don't work for FreedomPop, if I did I could help you further. However @Jorge M. @Karina Magana do and they can help you with this.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

Hi @Ryan Radford 2
    Thanks for all your help. I send an email to the support team on Saturday but I've never heard answer. Hopefully @Karina Magana or @Jorge M. can help me because this'll be other week without cellphone and honestly I really need it.

Thanks so much.
  • Hello @Laurajh

I was not able to locate your new phone order under the email that you provided, can you please provide me with the MEID to check under what account its on. Thank you!
    Hi @Karina Magana thanks for your answer. I sent you a PM with the info. Thanks so much.
    Hi @Karina Magana
    I'm really worried because today FreedomPop took the monthly fee for the other account and we're not using that. I sent you a private message but I'm still waiting for the answer. We really need to have the cellphone working again.
    Thanks!
  • @Laurajh

I have responded to your PM, if you have any other concerns please post them on that private message :)
This discussion has been closed.