BYOD: Free Unlimited Talk, Text, & 2GB Data Plan every month! Limited Time!

2»

Comments

• Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Marky said:

Will it be free after 30 days or will the auto top up automatically charge me?

It's free for as long as you don't change your plan, the top up won't kickin unless you deplete the initial $20 in overages. When your account hits $2.00 you'll be charged $15 to top you back up!
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • MarkyMarky Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    null
    So what does it mean that the credit becomes inactive after 30 days? If after 30 days I don't reactivate my credit and I use any overage will it trigger the auto top up? Thanks
  • PhilWangS3PhilWangS3 Posts: 75FreedomPop Newbie
    On the announcement, FP says the credit will not expire. You keep the balance in your account until you use it. The expiring credit was the rule, looks like they changed it for this plan. Can someone from Freedompop confirm?
  • Thinker76erThinker76er Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    well, it is not for old customer because of your device has already been activated!
  • okayokay Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie

Try calling one of the toll free numbers and hit the option for "activation" when prompted. They were able to register my iPad mini manually when the online form did not work. They activate these as if they are iPhones - so that may be why the automated process fails.
    Ali said:

@Jorge M. My iPad mini doesnt qualify :\

Life's too short.
  • JOGJOG Posts: 57FreedomPop Newbie
    Does it have the Unlimited Everything Plan or 1gb Premium Plan?
    Just the Premium 1GB, this isn't an unlimited data plan

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

• StarkrystalStarkrystal Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Quick question!

There is an offer via Tanga for a FreedomPop Samsung Galaxy S4 via: https://www.tanga.com/deals/a58ccf14cf7d/100-free-mobile-phone-service-samsung-galaxy-s4

I was curious if this offer qualifies for this BYOD deal. I know the type of phone qualifies, but was a little less certain if a phone packaged in particular for FreedomPop still applies.

Thanks!
  • Haleigh AndrewHaleigh Andrew Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @Starkrystal I got a Galaxy S5 from a similar offer on Newegg. I tried to take advantage of the deal but it didn't seem to view it as a BYOD. I activated on Ringplus instead.
    While I haven't gotten an official answer from FreedomPop yet, it's looking like the answer is that when you buy a FreedomPop branded phone, that already "registers" you as a customer, so to speak, so it does not count towards this BYOD deal. Just in case anyone else was wondering.

I'll post when I get an official reply, as well.
    edited January 2016 #37
    Edit: Post not needed.
    Post edited by Starkrystal on
  • Joseph HilsonJoseph Hilson Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Can an existing account be cancelled and the phone used to activate a new BYOD account under this program?
  • Joseph HilsonJoseph Hilson Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Is the offer still avaliable?
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    Check out our latest BYOD deal guys!
  • sincypsincyp Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello
    Can I upgrade my current plan to this one? Thanks
    edited March 2016 #42
    sincyp said:

Hello

This is only for new byod sign ups, you'd have to cancel your account and then go through the process

Speaking of, are people allowed to bring non sprint hotspots with this one @Jorge M.

• Jesse HafemeisterJesse Hafemeister Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    sincyp said:

Hello

I also would like to know if I can change my current plan to this one somehow. Or do I have to deactivate my device from my current account and sign it up with a new account?

sincyp said:

Hello

I also would like to know if I can change my current plan to this one somehow. Or do I have to deactivate my device from my current account and sign it up with a new account?
    Again no you can't switch unless you do one of two things:

A. Cancel your current account and sign up again (change the email so you can use it again)

B. Get a new non activated phone. (I.e. Groupon) and then have a swap preformed on your accounts.

• immortalimmortal Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    Ebay has me so confused with sprint phones that say they wont work with freedompop even though they are on the byod list. Any help guys on what to order and where to order from to so i can take advantage of this deal? I have around $100-200 i am willing to spend on a phone i just don't know which one
  • lucaslucas Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M. said:

Check out our latest BYOD deal guys!

@Jorge M. I am getting this error "We're experiencing an issue with your provided device ID.
    To complete your activation, please call 800-815-7818.", can you please help me with it? Thank you!
  • Landon BabbittLandon Babbitt Posts: 53FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    so if i were to deactivate my phone on my plan, would i be able to reactivate it back onto this plan?
  • jesankaranjesankaran Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    BYOD Iphone 4, phone didn't activate when tried. Support # 160321-003197

No response yet. Any ideas?
  • vegalozvegaloz Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge, jut activated a new phone. Account [email protected], Can I join the offer?
  • sttsstts Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    Other posts say this is dead. That didnt last long. My Virgin Mobile phone runs out on the 3rd. I was thinking of doing this BYOD offer and taking the plunge using FP as my main service. I guess Ill re-up Virgin and stay on the safe side as I learn how to better run the FP phone I bought last month.
This discussion has been closed.