**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Where can I get a Netgear 6100d or device with ethernet ports?

Philip BarrettPhilip Barrett Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Where can I get a Netgear 6100d or device with ethernet ports?

Comments

• SteveOrr2SteveOrr2 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm curious, too. What I've seen online says Freedompop didn't have a ton of them so they went through them fast. The devices were offered to Hub owners, first.

This got me thinking...would it be possible to take the SIM card out of a working FP hotspot device & move it to a Sprint version of the Netgear 6100D? Obvious drawback is that you wouldn't get any tech support from FP with this experiment. And it would require an LTE hotspot, no WiMax.

But I've seen posts on here claiming that they took the SIM out of their hotspot & moved it to a data equipped iPad. The claim is that the iPads don't need to be set up for voice through the network, as these are data-only devices. And Freedompop is an mnvo of Sprint, so there's no issue with unlocking it for the network.

I'd try it myself if I ever come across a Sprint Gateway. I already own an LTE hotspot. It seems like the only risk would be trimming down the SIM. I don't think you'd even have to do that, since the online manual says the 6100D uses a micro sim like Freedompop's other LTE hotspots.
  • nickjuly4nickjuly4 Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    FreedomPop currently is selling the Netgear 6100D Gateway for $29.99 at http://www.freedompop.com/offer/multideviceoption

I just got one and it works great!
  • Michael CalgaroMichael Calgaro Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Contrary, I was a hub owner and was not offered one...despite emailing and calling support countless times in October and December.
  • Robert SeatRobert Seat Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I also had a hubburst never used. I contacted customer service many times for a replacement cat5 device with no luck. FP up until a few months ago we're still selling the hubburst and I asked if they would buy mine back, you know what their response was. Typical FP customer service.

I finally purchased another service with cat5 router connectivity.