**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

My FreedomPop phone literally started on fire, how do I replace?

Rachel PetermanRachel Peterman Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
Yup, smelled a horrible burnt plastic odor, turns out my phone was burning. I think it should have lasted a year, but oh well. I want to replace my phone, but when I sent a message to customer service several days ago, they never replied. Why isn't there a link in my account page for replacing device? I'd rather not lose my friends, minutes, phone number etc. by starting over. Why is it so hard to replace my FreedomPop phone when it burns, melts, and quits working? If anyone has a link please let me know. I can't call them because my phone melted and quit working.

Comments

• Hello @Rachel Peterman

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this, is this issue in regards to your LG Viper?
  • Rachel PetermanRachel Peterman Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    edited December 2015 #3
    @ Karina Magana, yes, it was the LG Viper I bought August 13th, it burned up the day after Thanksgiving and will not restart. I honestly think that the phone should work longer than 3 months. I've been contacting customer service through the support link but they do not reply. I think they should have to replace a phone that works only 3 months. I can't call them because my phone doesn't work.... if I didn't have internet I'd be totally cut off from the world. I'd like to receive a new phone so I don't lose my phone number, friends, etc.
    @ Karina Magana I just received an email from FreedomPop telling me that my warranty expired just days before the phone quit, so they won't replace the phone. It barely lasted over 90 days and quit. I really can't afford to buy another phone, and I think that they should last longer than 3 months. At this point I'm afraid I'd have to tell friends and associates that FreedomPop isn't a good deal.
    @ Karina Magana, FreedomPop customer service just "offered" me two replacement models , the cheaper one was still more than twice as expensive as the one it would replace. I know that FreedomPop sells much cheaper smartphones right now so I'm offended that Customer Service is trying to up-sell me this way, taking further advantage of my misfortune. They should be ashamed to do this after refusing to replace a phone that burned out just days after the warranty expired.
    @ Karina Magana, the cheapest replacement offered by Customer Service was still $49, which offends me, since they are selling the LG Optimus F3 for $29 at http://www.freedompop.com/offer/holidayhomepage/devices If FreedomPop customer service was seriously interested in helping me out they would offer the LG OPtimus F3 "heavily discounted" from the current $29 price.
  • @Rachel Peterman

Again sorry to hear about your current experience with your LG Viper device. :/ I will be sending you a private message to gather some personal information in order to further assist you with this.
    Thank you @ Karina Magana. I was really upset about the way customer service was trying to **** me into buying a new and much more expensive phone.
    For the record, the word which was redacted above was not a swear word. It was a word describing an attempt to swindle another human being.
    I agreed to an email request to process a return of the phone that only lasted 3 months, but they have not replied with a return label or instructions.
    Thank you @ Karina Magana

I agreed to an email request to process a return of the phone that only lasted 3 months, but they have not replied with a return label or instructions.

@Karina Magana , thank you, but yesterday, I replied to an email offering to process a return, agreeing to begin the return, but no one has replied with the RMA, return mailing label, or anything else. Every day that customer service fails to respond is another day I am without phone service. I don't have a landline. I wish they could show some compassion for my situation and stop delaying. I need a phone. The one I purchased in mid-September should have lasted longer than mid-November. I've gone several days with no phone service and as long as customer service doesn't respond, it means several more days without phone service. Please, if they will send the new phone and a return mailer I will return the defective phone the same day. Please help me with this. Thank you.
    @Karina Magana, Two days later, I have still no RMA, no contact from customer service whatsoever. I can't return the phone without authorization, mailing label, etc. Every day I wait for contact from customer service is a another day without phone service. I do not have a land line, so the fact that my phone burned up after just 3 months of very light use puts me in a very bad situation. I don't think I'm unreasonable to expect this to not take days to resolve. If they would at least reply that they were lying when they offered to take a return, then I would have some idea what to do. I really can't afford to buy a new phone since I just paid for this one three months ago. I wish someone would reply about this so I could get something going towards having telephone service again.
  • @Rachel Peterman

I sincerely apologize for the delay, please check your private messages when you have the chance. :3