**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop-deactivated Samsung Victory phone keeps popping up "ready to activate" screen

YishihYishih FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
Hi. I bought from FreedomPop a Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE phone that has been deactivated and released by FreedomPop about a week ago. I subsequently registered the phone with RingPlus, and the phone now has a real cell number. I can get inbound calls and texts via RingPlus's network, but when I attempt to make outbound calls or texts, a prompt will pop up blocking the phone's dial pad, stating the following -

"Activation Step Required. This device is ready for activation. Please press the 'Activate' button to continue, or visit our website freedompop.com."

The prompt has three options: 911 Text, Retry, Activate.

I called FP's technical support as well as customer service yesterday and was told that the phone has been removed from 'all databases' and I should be able to make calls in 18 hours. It did not work.

Could you please help me fix this glitch so I may use this phone with other carriers. Thank you!

Comments

• Hello @Yishih

I took a look at your account and was able to see that you have two Victory phones, can you please confirm the MEID for the victory that should have been released.
  • YishihYishih FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Thanks for responding, Karina. For the phone of concern, the MEID is 256691488803430423.
  • I have been confirmed that it has been released from our side, please attempt a factory reset. However, there is nothing more that we can do since we've released the device.
    I knew the phone was released. I also performed a factorty reset. But FreedomPop apps, especially the FreedomPop Messaging, are still integrated with the phone's dialer, and it prompts for activation with FreedomPop every time I need to make a cellular calls. Are you saying that nothing can be done to fix that, and this phone is stuck? In other words, once FreedomPop deactivates a phone, it is a 'blocked' device for other carriers?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Karina Magana can @Yishih just uninstall the messaging app or is there 'secret' way to remove it ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rich, thank you for the suggestion. I was able to uninstall FP Messaging _update_, but was unable to uninstall the Messaging app itself. There was no such option. When I force-stopped FP Messaging, the phone's dialer became stuck in a FP screen.
    @Karina & @Rich, et al. I finally found the solution on RingPlus's Discourse Forum. No factory reset or rooting is necessary. I first had to uninstall updates, followed by force stop the Messaging app. Once that was done, "Disable" immediately appears as an option. After I disabled FP's Messaging app, I was able to make outbound calls using the phone's native dialer. Thank you all just the same!
  • sheeshee FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    @ Yishih,
    Could you explain in detail how this is done?... To move to RingPlus?
    Can I deactivate my FP account online or do I have to call in?
    Thanks
  • jkenleejkenlee FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I had similar problem and solved by Disabling Messaging app. Now I want to remove the FP splash screen that comes up when I power on.