Used wrong email address when I bought a phone

Chris AllenChris Allen Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I tried emailing Freedompop tech support and I have not gotten a response back so hopefully some Freedompop employee on the forums here can help me out...

On my current account ([email protected]), I have a 4g Wimax hotspot which no longer works because of the Sprint WiMax shutdown. I opted to buy a 4g LTE smartphone so when I bought the phone, I used the wrong email address and now I do not have access to that account. I used the email address [email protected] (which I do NOT have access to) when purchasing the smartphone (this was on November 29 by the way). Is there any way an admin can remove the hotspot device from the gmail account and put the smartphone (LG Optimus F3) on there instead?

Comments

• Lawerance P Wilber starts 13thLawerance P Wilber starts 13th Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem! Your ticket is 2 years old did it ever get resolved?
  • ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Lawerance, If you have access to your account on FP's website, I think you can change the email address at https://freedompop.com/acct_settings.htm. If you can't access your account, it is always recommended to start a new discussion to address a problem since replies to older threads are often overlooked. Some people here can either provide support or interact with support to resolve issues, and if you can't access your account online then I'd think support would need to verify you are, indeed, who you claim to be. I don't doubt you, but am just noting here has to be some precautions in place to prevent tricksters from hijacking other people's accounts. Good luck.