**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Any plans to offer LTE-only plans?

Cliff StinsonCliff Stinson Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
My old device had discounted 4G plans, but my new LTE device does not (Netgear 6100d). I assume LTE data is cheaper than 3G data, so I wondered if FreedomPop has any plans to offer LTE-only data plans for these devices? I don't need 3G so no need to pay 3G rates. Any new plans coming? Thanks!

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard the cost / MB with WiMax was very good to FreedomPop. So good that even 3G costs were higher. Hence this two stage charges.

I suspect but have not heard an official comment that LTE costs them MORE than the 3G rate. So splitting 3G off to save money doesn't make as much sense as it used to.

I want a 6100D also. But since I never bought a Hub Burst, I've not been offered one at all. I was tempted when the price got to $29 but there was only 5 months left before shutdown. Wasn't worth it to me for the free 500 MB nor for the 10 GB @ $20. I'd get the 6100D for the free service but not for the 10 GB for $75. Nope not gonna happen.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Cliff StinsonCliff Stinson Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie

I suspect but have not heard an official comment that LTE costs them MORE than the 3G rate.

I've read a couple of articles which claim delivering LTE data costs the carriers only 50% as much as 3g. Currently T-Mobile is offering LTE data plans for 6GB for $35 and 10GB for $50. Hopefully Sprint and FreedomPop will stay competitive with that so I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off signing up for a plan with them.

• Em Jay (29th)Em Jay (29th) Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie

I suspect but have not heard an official comment that LTE costs them MORE than the 3G rate.

I've read a couple of articles which claim delivering LTE data costs the carriers only 50% as much as 3g. Currently T-Mobile is offering LTE data plans for 6GB for $35 and 10GB for $50. Hopefully Sprint and FreedomPop will stay competitive with that so I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off signing up for a plan with them.

How is free not competitive? I do wish T-Mobile would bring back the $35 every two months for 3.5gbs deal they had with Walmart-brought hotspots. I guess it's too hard to have your data usage time last longer. I wish the FCC or FTC would regulate that data can't expire. That would be good regulation indeed. I still don't see how FreedomPop can compete with RingPlus and their free promo plans with actual talk and text rather than VoIP. They may have to start offering Premium Voice for free.