**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't Make Calls with the Premium Voice Service

marlonsitomarlonsito Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
Dear Sirs:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. When the phone is connected to 3G and I try to make a call the call goes directly to the Premium service to make the call but I am always getting the message that the number or code that I dialed is incorrect. When I am connected to the wifi or 4G LTE the calls goes thru the normal Freedompop dialing and don't get the message. Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• Rob BarteeRob Bartee Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Same for me, but support can't seem to respont......
  • Jhon RyanJhon Ryan Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I have premium plus. Premium voice didn't work for a month after I tried to activate it. It finally started working after a few weeks with support (which was essentially useless).

For the last month, it again isn't working and I likewise am experiencing what you describe.

Karina M.:

Can you reopen ticket: 575385?

I've done all the checks. Removed, reinstalled the app. Latest version. Reset prl/network, etc. Everything we did in the previous ticket. Can you just find out and let me know if the service has been down for the last month and is down now? Or have them fix it?

Thank you.
  • Rob BarteeRob Bartee Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Phone reset at monthly time and now premium voice is working... excellent...
  • K S SK S S Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
    Those of you who used premium voice service, is premium voice service better than the basic voice service in term of clarity, reliability and reception coverage?
    K S S -- It's outgoing calls only and uses standard cell service (2g) and not VOIP. And yes, when it works it's better.

I've spent the better part of 2 months trying to get it to work back when it started (about 6+ months ago). Support was effectively useless for me. The service just "magically" started to work one day and did so until about a month ago when it stopped. Their support claims 24-48 hours to respond but took them 4 working days to respond by asking a question that was already stated in the notes and now I'm on day 2 waiting for a response AGAIN.

The problem is that it's impossible to make outgoing calls with premium voice active *IF* you aren't on 4g or wifi. If it would just fall back to VOIP, that would be acceptable.

My suggestion to you would be to avoid the service unless you have an alternative method of out-going calls (google hangouts, for example) and have enormous amounts of time to waste with support.
  • Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    @marlonsito , I had a similar problem with our S3's. We have had the service active since it was offered and have had no problems with it until sometime back in November it quit working on both phones for some reason. The problem turned out to be that US dialing must be checked. To see if that is your problem as well, tap menu on the phone, tap settings tap My device, tap call, scroll down to "Other call settings" and make sure US dialing is checked.
    Mike:

You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man of cheap cell phone service.

Thank you! Problem solved for me!