Account wont sync. Cant send or recieve calls or texts but can use data.

Kristina MarkovicKristina Markovic Posts: 51FreedomPop Newbie
Hi all,

I have this persistent issue of my service cutting out at random unbeknownst to me. I cannot send or recieve calls or texts through the messaging app. When this happens I try to sync the account which it will not do, it just circles forever at "registering for push notifications" and it doesnt sync. I do have service though becasue I have wifi turned off and see full bars of service and am able to use data/search the internet send emails and use apps like viber etc.

What is going on? I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and it still wont sync when this happens. Ive update prl and profile each time this occurs and it says it successful in updating those but still wont sync. Ive also rebooted my device to see if that would help and it does not. I dont believe it to be a service issue beacuse I am able to redownload the app on the data network and use data for viber/email/google etc when this happens.

I have noticed this occurs in certain locations but it is frustrating because I see I have service but it will not sync to allow me to send and recieve calls or texts. When this happens it will not sync no matter how many times I reboot or reinstall the app I have to get into a wifi spot and manually try to sync the account data as it will not do it on its own.

I know that it will not do it on its own because I must have lost signal while driving througha trouble spot and when i returned home i still wasnt getting any calls or texts for hours even though I was signed into my wifi network and only noticed because I get an email that I had a voicemail from google voice. Once I manually synced it was all good and i got a flood of missed messages and calls.

Anyone know what I can do or why this is happening? Any input is appreciated!

Thanks and sorry for the long winded explanation!

Comments

• Penny CorbinPenny Corbin Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Someone please respond, as I am having the exact same issue, for two days now. The Push Notifications will not work. I've tried everything I can think of. HELP !!
  • Penny CorbinPenny Corbin Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

Hi all,

I have this persistent issue of my service cutting out at random unbeknownst to me. I cannot send or recieve calls or texts through the messaging app. When this happens I try to sync the account which it will not do, it just circles forever at "registering for push notifications" and it doesnt sync. I do have service though becasue I have wifi turned off and see full bars of service and am able to use data/search the internet send emails and use apps like viber etc.

What is going on? I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and it still wont sync when this happens. Ive update prl and profile each time this occurs and it says it successful in updating those but still wont sync. Ive also rebooted my device to see if that would help and it does not. I dont believe it to be a service issue beacuse I am able to redownload the app on the data network and use data for viber/email/google etc when this happens.

I have noticed this occurs in certain locations but it is frustrating because I see I have service but it will not sync to allow me to send and recieve calls or texts. When this happens it will not sync no matter how many times I reboot or reinstall the app I have to get into a wifi spot and manually try to sync the account data as it will not do it on its own.

I know that it will not do it on its own because I must have lost signal while driving througha trouble spot and when i returned home i still wasnt getting any calls or texts for hours even though I was signed into my wifi network and only noticed because I get an email that I had a voicemail from google voice. Once I manually synced it was all good and i got a flood of missed messages and calls.

Anyone know what I can do or why this is happening? Any input is appreciated!

Thanks and sorry for the long winded explanation!

SAME issue going on for me, Kristina.
  • AsmaaAsmaa Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also experiencing the very same issue.
  • Kristina MarkovicKristina Markovic Posts: 51FreedomPop Newbie
    @Asmaa @Penny Corbin Hey I'm sorry for not posting sooner the only fix was a phone reset. I tried all sorts of stuff and finally the rep told me to just do a factory reset as they were out of options and it actually worked and was syncing without WiFi. It def isn't an option anyone wants to hear because you lose all your settings and downloading all the apps etc to get it back to normal is a pain, but it did work for me. I hope that helps.
  • Alfred  ScammanAlfred Scamman Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I didn't want to hear that. Same problem on the new Desire. I already did a factory reset to solve some other problems but this one persists.