**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can Not Update Free Voice and Text App

John HansenJohn Hansen Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android version - 4.4.2) - Purchased from FreedomPop. I have FreedomPop Free Voice and Text App - (Version: 16.14.277.0813). I received an Update - (Version: 17.02.111.1218), for FreedomPop Free Call and Text. When I try to Update, I get the following message, Can't install app / Duplicate provider authority. MyFreedomPop, FreedomPop Messaging and FreedomPop Visual Voicemail Apps still work. Do I need the latest Update? Any thoughts or ideas, Thanks!

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015 #2
    You have both the Free Talk & Text app and the Messaging app installed at the same time? I don't believe that this is supported (they're both SIP clients, so may conflict with each other).

If your S4 is using FP's cellular data service, then the Free Talk & Text app is not required - only the Messaging app.
  • John HansenJohn Hansen Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    @limey Thanks for the info. I'll uninstall Free Talk and Text app and try just the Messaging app only.
  • Robert BiggsRobert Biggs Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I was having the same problem on my BYOD Galaxy Victory 4G LTE trying to update. Trying the Free Talk & Text, it said that I was using the wrong app, and should uninstall and use messaging instead. I did a force stop on the play Store and clear data,did the uninstall through the restarted Play Store, updated Messaging, and now my default phone and message icons go to straight to FreedomPop, and work fine.

Unfotunately, there's still so much Sprint/Samsung bloatware on this phone taking up main storage (and no upcoming Marshmallow update) that I'm just thinking of scrapping it and getting something else instead of rooting it and cleaning it up.