Can Hangouts use Premium Voice

James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 244FreedomPop Newbie
I mostly use Hangouts for placing calls, but if I'm in a low reception area and the call won't go through, I use the Phone dialer, which is integrated with Messaging to place a call since it knows how to roll over to the Premium Voice feature. I have a lot of problems with the native phone dialer and Messaging app. As soon as the call is started, the screen goes blank except for a blue bar across the top of the screen. I have to kill the app in order to hang up the phone. I don'k know how anyone uses this. Anyway, is there some way to get Hangouts to roll over to Premium Voice?

Comments

• James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 244FreedomPop Newbie
    Just a little more info. If I actually disable Mobile Data, and I'm not on wifi, and the only choice the phone has is to try premium voice, then the native dialer screen doesn't go blank. It works fine. If however, mobile data is on, and the phone can try to make the call with 4G/3G, then the screen goes blank and the only way I have to kill app in order to hang up the phone. My life would be some much better if Hangouts were the default dialer, and it also knew how to roll over to premium voice when in a low reception area.