**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Samsung Galaxy S5

Marco MorenoMarco Moreno Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, I recently purchased a Freedompop Samsung Galaxy S5 from Newegg.com and then activated it. Everything seems to be working fine except for my mobile data. Every time I try to connect to it I get "Unable to Establish a Wireless Data Connection: EHRPD:9"

The Freedompop site says I should have plenty of data left and I've already tried to perform the Update Profile and Update PRL procedures with no effect.

I'd really like some help getting this resolved, thank you. :)

Best Answer

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Hello @Marco Moreno

I apologize for this inconvenience, your device was suspended but I have gone ahead and fixed it. Please attempt to use the device and let me know if it works.

Answers

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    I usually recommend these steps:
    If any step solves the problem, do not proceed further.
    1. Execute Update Profile and Update PRL - (Settings Menu > General/More > System Updates) - you tried that
    2. Carrier Reset - dial ##SCRTN# -should reboot and start hands free activation - should not distroy your data but might want to backup to be safe.
    3. Factory Reset - BACK UP ALL DATA FIRST. It will be erased. Settings > More/General > Backup and Reset
  • Marco MorenoMarco Moreno Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    edited January 2016 #4
    djinks said:

I usually recommend these steps:
    If any step solves the problem, do not proceed further.
    1. Execute Update Profile and Update PRL - (Settings Menu > General/More > System Updates) - you tried that
    2. Carrier Reset - dial ##SCRTN# -should reboot and start hands free activation - should not distroy your data but might want to backup to be safe.
    3. Factory Reset - BACK UP ALL DATA FIRST. It will be erased. Settings > More/General > Backup and Reset

Hello, thanks for the suggestion. I've done all of the above and none of them really helped until the factory reset. Now my phone is connecting but it only seems to be getting 3G coverage while my partner's phone (Also Newegg FreedomPop Galaxy S5) is getting LTE. Any idea why this could be?

EDIT: Apparently it didn't actually work. It was only displaying 3G but not actually providing a connection. After restarting the phone again it went back to giving the same error.

EDIT2: I think I might have located the issue. The MEID registered with FreedomPop seems to be mismatched with what's actually on my phone. Is it possible to have this corrected? Thanks again.
    Post edited by Marco Moreno on
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Marco Moreno
    Wait until Monday. FP staff does not work this forum on the weekend.

@Karina Magana
    Can you help correct this problem?
  • Marco MorenoMarco Moreno Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    It's working now. Thank for your help, everyone. :)