**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Is there actually a way to get my device off of the Financial Eligibility Date Check list?

Peter WhitePeter White Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
We recently deactivated a Boost mobile LG Volt after my son upgraded his phone and I wanted to hook it up with FreedomPop. It fails to pass the FED check and the customer care won't tell me exactly who to call to get the phone cleared. It was activated for a year and our account with Boost is and has always been in good standing. Calls to both Boost and to Sprint seems to show a severe lack of knowledge of the entire process. I keep getting offered the MSL code, which doesn't help. Researching last night, I did see one MVNO's site showing that Sprint isn't releasing phones from the list until after 15 months, and we haven't reached that date quite yet. I had thought it was a year. Is there anyone at any of the three companies who actually understands the process and who I can call? These customer care calls are only leading me to an early stroke although they are all "very sorry I am having this difficulty." Riight.

Comments

• weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    ugh, i hate this garbage! unfortunately, as far as i know it must be straightened out with the previous carrier, in your case boost. to the best of my knowledge the release is 1 year, i hadn't heard about 15 months but it wouldn't surprise me if sprint provided a new thrill for the new year. i'm afraid there's nothing that i know of that freedompop can do, all i can suggest is when you're in a patient mood to call boost & sprint & keep saying 'may i speak to your supervisor?' i hope this can be resolved shortly. it's gotten so complicated i'm afraid to buy a non-freedompop device, which i'd really like as an option, especially with the samsung s7 coming out-the s4's & 5's should drop in price. i wish you the best luck.
  • Peter WhitePeter White Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks, Weanut. I got my problem fixed, but apparently can say no more.