**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

reset to factory settings

Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 143
edited January 2016 in LG Volt #1
Have an LG Volt and was quite happy with it until the glass screen (digitizer) cracked. Ordered the digitizer and it came in and I began to install it only to find that the LCD was also damaged, so I ordered the LCD. I installed the digitizer and the LCD, both items installed without any problems. Then I attempted to do a factory reset by doing the following; the phone set overnight with the battery out so I put the battery in, pressed the volume down button and power button and received message entering factory reset ..??, then a menu appeared, Android system recovery <3e> KOT49I.LS740ZV6, and the options, reboot system now, apply up date from external sdcard, apply update from cache, apply update from ADB, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition. Just a note here, before selecting any the options, the phone displays the green android and below that, Installing system update... and below that the following is displayed:
E:missing bitmap stage_empty
(Code-1)
E:missing bitmap stage_fill
(Code -1)
Formatting ...
manual select menu

I scroll down to the option of wipe data/factory reset and select that, then I am prompted to confirm and I scroll down to yes -- delete, then phone displays
-- Wiping data ...
formatting /dat...
formatting / cache
Data wipe compete........
Now I select reboot system now and the screen blanks then the LG life is good screen is displayed, then screen goes blank, then home key comes on off and goes no further. Prior to replacing digitizer & LCD I had little to no problems with the phone. Since I replaced the LCD & digitizer the phone won't power off, when I press off, it appears to shut off but comes on with same results, LG life is good then blank. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Best Answer

Answers

• gezafischgezafisch FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 86
    Darn. Kinda looks like the system is corrupted. Do you have a backup of any kind?
  • Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 143
    Nope, no backup, that I know of, I thought i had backed it up to the pc but I must have removed for some reason. I thought that doing a factory reset was the fail safe, that if all else fails do a reset but guess not. thanks for the reply though
  • mjsfmjsf FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    @Mike (GS-3, 30th) Gross I have the same readings that say: E:missing bitmap stage_empty
    (Code-1)
    (Code -1)
    Formatting ...
    manual select menu

I did a hard reset with a factory reset to delete all data, but I'm still getting that loop, what did you do to get your phone up and running? Did you install a ROM or anything?
  • jrrdojrrdo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Hi Mike,

how are you?

I have an Lg Pad 8.3. At one point it just stopped. I can get it to start booting but nothing beyond that. Also I can get it into the startup menu so I can do a factory reset. But that doesn't help. I have same error messages like you,

E:missing bitmap stage_empty
    (Code-1)
    (Code -1)

had in a post of 12th of January describing the problem you had with your LG Volt.
    Apparently you fixed this problem.
    I have tried reloading my pad with stock android through the LG mobile tool support. But this didn't do anything to change the situation. Although I would say it is a standard error message I do have a hard time finding some info about it. Some people only suggest it is a hardware error. But seeing your post gives me another impression.

You offered to supply some information on how you managed to fix this problem. I would be very happy to get this from you if you still have it available.