**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Battery doesn't hold charge

mahwmahw Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I charged up the phone to 100% and actually turned the phone off. The next morning (~10 hours later) the battery was already down to 85%. This was totally unexpected; is this a phone problem or do I have a bad battery?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would call that an aged battery in its senior citizen years.
    If your battery is LG branded, get all numbers off it and search eBay for that battery. Good deals can be found even on OEM batteries. Be sure its the same battery and not some Chinese 'I can make mine hold three times the mAh that OEM can. Hah! don't be suckered. Most cell phone batts can go for below $10.

My LG Volt was amazing, it lasted over two days ON but doing nothing. Now four months later and MUCH gaming by my boys.... I don't think it will last 10 hours doing nothing. Heavy usage seems to wear them out faster. If one could never game, youtube, movies, tv, etc. JUST phone rarely. I'd be expecting battery to last 2-4 years before tiring out a lot.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • mahwmahw Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    This was a refurbished phone I just bought from Freedom Pop. I wasn't expecting a marginal battery for a refurbished unit.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jorge M. @Karina Magana does this sound like a worn out battery to you or have other things to try first ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs