**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

It said it activated, but I can't place or receive calls, & get "cant send text msg" warnings

badgerdogibadgerdogi Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I did BYOD with my Sprint Iphone 4. It signed me up online and the phone shows 4 to 5 bars of Sprint network, but when I try to dial a phone number, I get an error message saying the "number or code is incorrect, try again." My husband's phone is working and I know the number is correct, so why am I getting this error message? I keep rebooting the phone, thinking it will let something activate, but each time I get a bunch of text messages saying "you are not allowed to send text messages. Msg 2120", even though I didn't try to send one. So I can't make calls or send text messages. When someone tries to call me, they get a message that I'm not available, leave a message. So this new service is not working at all. Also, I notice my account says "unlimited talk and text." Am I going to start getting billed for this? I unchecked the box for premium services when I signed up, so I thought I would be getting 200 minutes per month. I'm worried about this because there's no way to "downgrade" the account to pure free services. How do I make sure I just get the basic free 200 minutes/texts per month? This is really confusing and frustrating. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @badgerdogi
    Did you install the FP Messaging app? Did you use the app to make the calls?
  • badgerdogibadgerdogi Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, the first app I downloaded from the app store was Freedompop. I've done all of the troubleshooting like refreshing network, making sure notifications were all on correctly, even removed the passcode so there's no screenlock. My husband stands in the room with me and dials and it goes to a message that says I'm not available. The phone never rings or makes any sound. Nothing shows up on the screen. I'm usually pretty good with troubleshooting but I can't get incoming calls.
  • badgerdogibadgerdogi Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    they had to re-do something with the MEID, but finally it seems to be working, at least where there's wifi available. Thanks!
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @badgerdogi
    I am pleased to learn you have it working.