BYOD Freedompop Mifi 4082 bought off Ebay will not activate

Cherie CourtneyCherie Courtney Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Freedompop Mifi 4082 bought off Ebay will not activate. I actually want to replace my Photon spot that doesnt work anymore with this branded Freedompop 4082 but when i checked on the BYOD page it said it didnt like it. Whats up with that? Furthermore I called customer service last week and was told that a Sprint 803s would work on my account. today when i called to activate I was told they WOULD NOT WORK. So now I have 2 sprint hotspots and 1 freedompop hotspot and no service! Can anyone help me with more than just call customer service at this number?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot spots are not BYOD.
    FreedomPop branded hotspots can be activated.
    Go to freedompop.com, if you are logged in, then logout first.
    Now at bottom of login screen is:
    'Already have a device ?'
    click here
    continue with meid and other things needed. Will need a 'new' email address for new account for device. Then it asks for your address to check if signals are supposed to be good enough for you. if all OK then it should activate.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 354FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    As Rich says, a FreedomPop branded device is never BYOD, no matter where you buy it.

Use freedompop.com/activate, not freedompop.com/byod.

However note that all 4082's will stop working in 4G mode in early February (which is a Court-ordered extension of the WiMax shutdown that applies in most but not all areas). They will be (slow) 3G only at that point, and can only be used with a paid PRO plan that includes 3G.

• Cherie CourtneyCherie Courtney Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    well thats wonderful I was trying to replace my current devices that stopped working, no where had I read that the 4082 was losing 4g, wow!