**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

Issue - The number or code you have dialed is incorrect

aandjelkovicaandjelkovic FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
Hello,
I own Kyocera Hydro Icon, suddenly I started getting a voice message whenever I try to call any number, message is the same in every case:
The number or code you have dialed is incorrect.

Did anyone else experience this problem, what is causing it, and do you have any hint on how it can be resolved?

Please let me know,

Comments

• Karina Karina Posts: 3,548 admin
    Hello @aandjelkovic

We would be glad to assist you with this, if you would please attempt the following steps below.

Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    Enter # # 72786 #
    If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code(764276). For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right hand corner.
    Confirm the reset.
    Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process

Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.
  • Rob BarteeRob Bartee FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I have same problem, reset doesn't same error with or without app installed. App and sprint artn't connecting for premium voice
  • thegadgetthegadget FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Same problem here with LG Optimus G..
  • dkbatdkbat FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    Did you guys ever find a way to fix this problem? I'm also having the same problem with an HTC Evo 4G. In addition, I'm having a similar problem (different message though, instead it says "The number you have dialed is unallocated") on another phone, a Samsung Galaxy S3. After carrier reset and even factory reset I'm still having the same problems.

Any help someone can give is appreciated.
  • ketchupmanketchupman FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 16
    edited April 2016 #6
    I have the same problem with my Kyocera Hydro Icon. "The number or code you have dialed is incorrect." I have Premium Service. This only happens when it is trying to place a call thru Sprint. I have noticed that SOME phone numbers do go thru if you check or uncheck "North American dialing". When it was working correctly I needed to have "North American dialing" checked for the calls to go thru. It would never work with it unchecked. Now, by unchecking or having it checked, some calls go through but it depends on what number I am calling.

I have tried the ##72786#, removed battery and reinsert, PRL updates, other updates, yada etc.....the only thing I haven't tried is ##786# because that wipes out everything. I also am a little hesitate to do that because my phone is rooted.

But it was working fine for a year ....it's only been in the last month or so that this problem occurred. Any ideas? Thanks.

I am talking about the Premium Service only. All calls work on the Freedom Pop VOIP app.
    Post edited by ketchupman on
    Well I just got it fixed by calling Freedom Pop Tech Support. It was however about the 4th time I called them with this problem. I just so happened upon the right person. The problem was not with the phone. She "refresh" my MEID with Sprint she said. Actually, I not quite sure what she said but something like that. It was hard to understand and direct the conversation. If you've called Support you know what I mean. But I praised her because she fixed the problem at her end without going through all the rout steps with the phone.
    OK, now just about a month later I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN! When I make a Premium call it says-------"The number or code you have dialed is incorrect."

Trying to get Tech Support to fix this is TOTALLY frustrating. Anybody know any short cuts?
  • william thomaswilliam thomas FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Same problem, HTC evo, worked a month ago, when I made a call, I get the above message now. I even think I talked to someone last nite on it.
  • William HiteWilliam Hite FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Same problem, cant make a single call now. For the lrice i pay for all the extra and my phone still wont work. **** this. Going to verizon.
  • TheCapnVideoTheCapnVideo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Brand new Motorola Moto E out of the box nothing worked as it should.
    I have updated profile, PRL and I get the "device is now activated" message. I can receive calls but cannot make them.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 134
    I am having this problem on new service with a Moto E also. Initially it did not work off wifi for both incoming and outgoing, with a different message. After doing the # # 72786 # thing it fixed the incoming but outgoing does not work, just get "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect" message.

Submitted customer service request, response is to take 2-3 business days.
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited August 11 #13
    If you using WiFi and subscribing to Premium service you must turn off the Premium voice off while using WiFi. Also make sure you download the Freedom Pop messaging app from Google play store and make a few calls initially.
    I did not have to turn anything off when calling over wifi, that works. What does not work is calling without wifi.

I tried all the stuff listed for: "Having Issues working on Wifi and not Data(4G/3G) or Vise Versa?"
    under: "Tips and Tricks Dated 2/8/2017" here: https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/5346/freedompops-android-messaging-phone-sim-update-19-03-808-0424-updated-4-26-2017/p1
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I don't remember now but I guess I was responding to capnvideo. Normally I would suggest checking both cellular data and Data roaming in the Android settings. Sorry.
    I found a solution that was posted back in Feb, if you can receive phone calls, but cannot call out when not on wifi.

https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/21305/i-can-recieve-phone-calls-but-i-cannot-call-out#latest

I found the fix. Go into your native phone dialer app>go to settings within the app>tap Calls>tap Assisted dialing> uncheck the "Assisted dialing status" box

that's it! no more "dialed wrong number or code" message.

• BobbyK46BobbyK46 Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Tried a number of things including a soft reset. Finally solved the problem by going to the playstore and uninstalling/reinstalling the freedompop messaging app.
  • Robert MasekRobert Masek FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I had to deactivate my premium voice and reactivate it to get my phone to work.