**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot receive some text messages

Andrew VieiraAndrew Vieira FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 21
edited January 2016 in Apps #1
@Karina Magana

I can send SMS (text) messages and receive most texts, even from short code numbers (numbers that are only 5 or 6 digits long). However, I can't receive texts from some numbers. In particular, I don't get texts from PayPal, preventing me from using the "Link My Phone" feature on the PayPal app, and from some online rewards programs such as Bing Rewards, which sends a verification code by text or voice call before I can redeem a prize. (I also can't receive phone calls on my mobile phone from Bing Rewards, but my home phone can.)

A year-old post on this forum says that FreedomPop does not yet support texts and calls from short code numbers. However, this might have changed since then, because I received a text from a 6-digit number just yesterday. Do I have to change a setting on my phone to receive all text messages? I already tried a carrier reset by dialing ##72786# in the phone app, but this didn't fix anything. I am using an LG G2 phone.
Post edited by Andrew Vieira on

Comments

• Andrew VieiraAndrew Vieira FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 21
    @Karina Magana
    Update: I just realized that my phone has two messaging apps: one from FreedomPop and one that apparently came with the phone. The FreedomPop app is set as my default messaging app, but when I looked at the other app just a moment ago, I discovered all the text messages that my PayPal app was trying to send when I used the "Link My Phone" feature. The PayPal app created the texts with that messaging app, even though it wasn't the default, and wasn't able to send them. Fortunately, I copied the text in the most recent messase, pasted it in another text made in my FreedomPop messaging app, sent it, and now my PayPal app is linked.

However, while the PayPal app problem is solved, I still have two problems. First, why did the PayPal app use my non-default messaging app to send a text? It's possible that other apps might try to do the same thing. Second, and more importantly, I still cannot receive texts from Bing Rewards, as well as another site called vertosmart.com. I don't know from what numbers they are sending texts; I just know I'm not getting them.
  • Rajesh KumarRajesh Kumar FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Because the txt are being sent using data...they are not real SMS. It uses the internet to send it and freedompop doesn't support incoming txt unless it uses data to be received in the freedompop messaging app.