Customer Service Help Needed - Moving Phone # from Old FP Phone to New FP Phone

Blythe ChristianBlythe Christian Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I have a new Freedompop phone just received yesterday. I have not selected a phone # for this phone because I'd like to move my phone # from my current Freedompop (ZTE Force) to this new LG. Can someone from Customer Service help me get that done today?

Let me know what info you need.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello @Blythe Christian

We would be glad to assist you with this request, but in order to transfer your old phone number to your new phone you will need to assign a number to your new phone. Please let me know when you have so that I can swap the numbers for you :3
  • Blythe ChristianBlythe Christian Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you. I have that new # assigned and the new phone connected to it now.
    I left the new phone on for a bit and this error message came up "The network did not respond in time. The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer Service." I cycled power and it came up again. I sent a test text from wifi and 3G and the phone is working. Do you know anything about this error? Is it going to be a problem with this new phone?
  • @Blythe Christian

I have moved your old number to your new phone as you requested :3

Please attempt to power cycle your device again, I have synced your device!
    I cycled the new phone then synced the Freedompop app. The new # is there. The error reappeared after a few minutes. Also after the error the lock screen has a message "Invalid card." The phone seems to be working okay though.
    The old phone is not working on the new # yet. An error sends me to your "order new number" page, but there is no option to put in that new #.
    @Karina Magana

I have gone ahead and requested a new phone # for the old phone. The new # shows up on my account for that phone but the Freedompop messaging app will not sign in. Since getting the new # I have: Restarted the phone, Updated the PRL, Updated the profile, restarted the phone. Still the Freedompop app looks like it is trying to connect but never does. Is there something else that needs to be done?