freedompop 803s LTE hotspot suddenly no LTE?

Bin YahooBin Yahoo Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,
My 803S cannot connect to LTE any more. It has been turned off for about a month, and today I turned it on and it could only connect to 3G. I tried to set it to 4G LTE only mode and it asked to press power button to search for network. Then I pressed the power button, it searched for a couple of seconds then said no LTE found and switched to power saving.
Does anyone have same problem? Do I need to ask support to re-activate it? or for the worst case, the LTE modem was gone?

thanks.

Comments

• Bin YahooBin Yahoo Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried update 3g prl and profile, rebooted a couple times, still no LTE. My area has excellent LTE coverage.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a 2nd device that gets LTE also ? How is its reception when placed right next to the 803S ? If neither, use phone to find where LTE is at in your neighborhood. If can't find must be a tower is out for service.
    If phone is great and 803S is not, need assistance of an admin.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs

Do you have a 2nd device that gets LTE also ? How is its reception when placed right next to the 803S ? If neither, use phone to find where LTE is at in your neighborhood. If can't find must be a tower is out for service.
    If phone is great and 803S is not, need assistance of an admin.

Thanks for the reply, Rich. I have another device and it's getting excellent LTE.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, lets get the attention of an admin when they arrrive 9am PST.
    @Jorge M. @Karina Magana @Brooke B.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Larry LyonsLarry Lyons Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated
    I called freedompop today and I believe they have no clue. They told me my plan does not have LTE, even after I told them I had LTE whole year of 2015. Can we confirm whether the 803s lost LTE since Sprint turned off WiMax? @Jorge M. @Karina Magana @Brooke B.
  • Richard ErnstRichard Ernst Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I've had this same problem since the shut down of WiMax and there seems to be a lot of others with this problem with no answers could I get a definitive answer on this? I've got 2 of the 803sthat was 12 months of 2gig service only kinda spotty 3g service for a year @Jorge M., @Karina Magana, @Brooke
  • Jason 803sJason 803s Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same problem with my 803S. I had no good LTE coverage until recently but now it only connects to 3G. No combination of WAN mode (4g-preferred vs 4g-only) and 4G mode (LTE+WiAX vs LTE-only) makes a difference. Updating PRL and Profile don't help either. myfi-500 sitting right next to the 803S has a solid LTE signal. No matter what I do under "4G LTE" it always says "Service Type: 4G Off".

How can I get my formerly-trusty hotspot working properly again?