**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Exclusive Savings!

Comments

• Chad_LeeChad_Lee Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    Got emails showing one price for a device, clicked the link, got to the website and the price had changed to almost double. So, I coppied the address from the email ad, switched to my browser which was still on the FP website. I then pasted in the copied address from email into the address bar, hit enter and there was the discount price. Somehow that was the on way the lower price would show up. It could have just been my browser but I mention this because it might help someone else.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 420FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @Chad_Lee - Did it say the promotion was sold out... Here's a new deal...?
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Chad_LeeChad_Lee Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    @JJFreedom , no it was not sold out. It just had a $30 higher price.
    Perhaps the sale had ended and that's why the price was higher when I got to the page?

Or.

The whole thing could have been a browser problem and personal data embedded in the email link wasn't getting sent correctly when the link was activated from the email itself.

I that's why most emails say to copy and paste the links into your browser.

I was able to get the $29 deal though by doing it the way that I did and we have the phone now.
  • danw2016danw2016 Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    I got this deal and the sim card did not work and the power bank is a cheap one. But, not too bad for 4.99
  • jwsmommie72jwsmommie72 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I just purchased the sim kit and have a byod, a LG Stylo G that I used with Boost, which is owned by Sprint. Will I be able to use this phone with the purchased SIM kit once i pay the $19.99 activation fee?
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 420FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @jwsmommie72 - I'm not sure what SIM card the LG Stylo G requires; however, I noticed you wrote that it requires SIMGLW236C SIM. If you are able to complete activation, and if the Phone is able to run the FreedomPop Messaging app (Android 4.0), it should work properly with the FreedomPop CDMA service.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • tafelicetafelice Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    2 questions: Is there a way I can get the "daily deals" delivered to my email daily?
    and
    I would like a deal where I can get a 4g phone LTE for about $39/$49 with the FreedomPop free service. Is there one available on this site. It is difficult to look at the phones in the shop when there is no prices listed.
    edited August 2016 #34
    @tafelice - There is currently a few deals going on for phones under $50... To get the free service, you will just need to downgrade the accounts...
    1. HTC Desire for $29.99
    2. Kyocera Hydro Icon for $29.99 (at checkout)

• newdirections27newdirections27 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    hi, i inserted my freedompop sim into an unlocked iphone but it wont work. no calls and no data. can you help? thanks.

@JJFreedom, @Jorge M.
  • H Gayle RaymondH Gayle Raymond Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi! :)

@JJFreedom. @Jorge M.

I just received the FUSE LTE Hot Spot and I LOVE it!
    It came ready to use - great as I'm not tech savvy.

There was no quick get started guide, so I have 2 concerns.

1. Why does the little power button keep flashing ALL the time, connected or not and how to do I stop it???

2. An Alert comes up on one of the little screens:
    Software Update Available
    Connect and visit
    http://MyHotSpot for more information

Nope. After adding my IP # I finally got on the page, but could not sign in with default (Admin ???), email or Freedom Pop account name. I couldn't get past that to password page.

So question # 2 is - Is it important; if so, how do I do the
    update it wants?

Thank you.
    Helen :)

hi, i inserted my freedompop sim into an unlocked iphone but it wont work. no calls and no data. can you help? thanks.

@JJFreedom, @Jorge M.

Hello @newdirections27 - Please make sure your APN information looks exactly as below...
    • Name: FREEDOMPOP [This is optional, you can really put anything here]
    • APN: freedompop.foggmobile.com
    • APN Type: default
    • MCC: 234
    • MNC: 20
    • IP Protocol: IPv4
    • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    • Bearer: Unspecified
    • MVNO type: none

leave everything else blank
    When set up correctly, on certain devices, you might see an "R" next to the data signal in the notification bar. This mean's it's "roaming" which is necessary for the service. Other wise you may see "2G" "3G" "4G" "H/H+" or "E/EDGE"

Hi! :)

@JJFreedom. @Jorge M.

I just received the FUSE LTE Hot Spot and I LOVE it!
    It came ready to use - great as I'm not tech savvy.

There was no quick get started guide, so I have 2 concerns.

1. Why does the little power button keep flashing ALL the time, connected or not and how to do I stop it???

2. An Alert comes up on one of the little screens:
    Software Update Available
    Connect and visit
    http://MyHotSpot for more information

Nope. After adding my IP # I finally got on the page, but could not sign in with default (Admin ???), email or Freedom Pop account name. I couldn't get past that to password page.

So question # 2 is - Is it important; if so, how do I do the
    update it wants?

A per your first question, @H Gayle Raymond, I do not own this device, so I'm not sure what you mean, maybe it's a form a saying that the device is on and working.
    For your second question, there are a few suggestions I have. You can try "admin" as username. And try "admin" as your password (lowercase). If that doesn't work, try "password" as your password (also lowercase). Your password wouldn't be related to your FreedomPop account since it's device-specific.

If you still can't get it to go to advanced settings, I wouldn't necessarily worry about it, as long as your device works properly.

• H Gayle RaymondH Gayle Raymond Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    @JJFreedom.

Thank you for the quick reply, problems solved with your help and a discovery of the FUSE Guides for every Freedom Pop device.... Amazing Job, congrats to the authors!

Answers are:
    1. The flashing power light is turned off by holding down the power button until the purple "Air Card" screen comes up.

2. The Alert message on Hot Spot screen:
    Once I got into the web page to check it out, a "Check for Updates" link informed me that there are "no updates at this time".

The myHotSpot page asks for "Sign In". Just bad wording.
    It appears to be a request for a user name - NOT SO!

What it really wants is a PASSWORD! I used the default one which is "password"; it worked just fine!

Again, thanks to all - for everything!
    Helen :)
  • jbFromNYCjbFromNYC Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Can you post the link? Thanks. ☺
  • trevor adheentrevor adheen Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    You guys should have a chat line... very valuable... my bolt service expired a year ago--and you had troubles..So, took another provider which will expire january 2017.. WHAT NEW SERVICE YOU HAVE FOR MY BOLT USB--say 2GB per month-- and the cost?/ thanks trevor en
  • MTSillybearMTSillybear Posts: 39FreedomPop Newbie
    myself i'm trying to stay away from phones that are under 8GB since on androids phone take up most of the 4gb memory for google junk and very hard to update unless to have 8GB or higher so my self i'm looking for a higher memory phone that not going to kill my pocket book since im a senior and on a fix income for my main and use my other for a free backup
  • deej1md3deej1md3 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

I got a Netgear 6100D LTE Wifi Router for $29.99. No more worrying about overheated batteries/fire risk of the hotspots, thanks!

I TOO WANT THE NETGEAR 6100D GATEWAY BUT IT LISTS $99.99 NOT $29.99 John

• TomBTomB Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Will FreedomPop work with a Lumina 650 ? - I understand it is GSM. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia650/
    Regards, Tom B
    edited December 2016 #44
    TomB said:

Will FreedomPop work with a Lumina 650 ? - I understand it is GSM. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia650/

Hello @TomB - As long as the device is Unlocked, you will be able to pick up data (internet).
    However, in order to use the FreedomPop App (to place calls/texts), you will need an iOS 7+ or Android 4.0+ Device.

-JJFreedom

• baitisjbaitisj Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hey @JJFreedom Thanks very much for supporting us here.

I just got the Sharp Aquos in the mail, and it's really beautiful (my first FreedomPop phone was stolen out of my car... this one is a lot better.)

The only issue is that it seems like whoever put the SIM card in the phone really manhandled it. There are some little tiny plastic clips that hold the backplate in place. One of them was smashed / bent, and another was broken off. The result is in the video that I posted below.

Can FreedomPop send me a new plastic backplate (seems like the cheapest solution)? Or do I need to request a replacement phone?

Here's a video showing the issue:

Thanks!
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    baitisj said:

Hey @JJFreedom Thanks very much for supporting us here.

I just got the Sharp Aquos in the mail, and it's really beautiful (my first FreedomPop phone was stolen out of my car... this one is a lot better.)

The only issue is that it seems like whoever put the SIM card in the phone really manhandled it. There are some little tiny plastic clips that hold the backplate in place. One of them was smashed / bent, and another was broken off. The result is in the video that I posted below

We will definitely be glad to make sure you receive a replacement back cover. I will be sending you a PM to your Forum inbox to gather further personal information. We appreciate your patience and thank you for choosing FreedomPop!
    Will Freedompop work with a Motorola G Play 4 Gen 16GB Memory Smartphone (Unlocked) ? -
    Description: http://frys.com/product/8877882;jsessionid=NjNjfikcGIoDhVW6Eeel2g__.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    Regards, Tom B
  • Alex SolarioAlex Solario Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Folks, I ordered FP's Black Friday Sharp Aquos special on 11/28. Phone arrived 12 days later on 12/10. Activated it on 12/12. Quick check of my account shows billing started on 11/28. Emailed FP customer service and was told, "the billing cycle cannot be reset it, the service starts since you set up the order, however I added 300 MB as a one time courtesy." Please consider this when order these "specials".
  • SlySly Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    There's a Samsung Galaxy Prevail that comes with 10g bonus data on sale right now; I was wondering, does that 10g roll over or does it expire after the first month? Thanks!
    Thanks. I wish a Windows based phone like the Lumina 650 was compatible. I'll move on to look at Android phones. I have left another question about a Motorola G.
    Regards, Tom B
  • ShredFredShredFred Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
    Sly said:

There's a Samsung Galaxy Prevail that comes with 10g bonus data on sale right now; I was wondering, does that 10g roll over or does it expire after the first month? Thanks!

You have to sign up for rollover $3.99 a month or Premier service $7.99 a month if you want to preserve that data and have it rollover next month