**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop to FreedomPop Calls and Texts are officially unlimited for free!

Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you have friends or family on FreedomPop, you now can call and text them 100% free without it counting against your usage bucket.

In case anyone is wondering, this was found on the new and updated website at http://www.freedompop.com under the Mobile for Less section.

Comments

• Chris PritchardChris Pritchard FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Can't find this on the UK website. Care to share a link?
    #TalkIsCheapUK
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    Great news.
  • tngo007ltetngo007lte FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Would this unlimited free calling and texting between Freedompop phones apply to premium voice calls? If my Freedompop phone has the basic free 200 voice minutes but with the Premium Plus which includes Premium Voice feature, does that mean I can have unlimited premium voice calls to other Freedompop phone numbers IF data signal is weak in my area?
  • Bang-On BuczkowskiBang-On Buczkowski FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 21
    Does this apply to FreedomPop UK or not?
  • Bryan G@3@ch3Bryan [email protected]@ch3 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
    That is great news. I did notice recently that I no longer have the ability to send Picture Messages(MMS) to other Fpop phones.
    It used to work fine; now I get a message similar to attempting to send to other carriers asking to upgrade to the MMS plan. --Which I am still considering.
  • Chet Thompson Chet Thompson FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if you can switch a AT&T phone to FEEDOM POP?
  • thegadgetthegadget FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    No, only certain Sprint phones work on Freedompop. :)
  • christychristy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    freedompop*
  • christychristy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    so a t-mobile phone wont work on frredompop?
  • Coach AngCoach Ang FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Can I use the freedompop phone in China?
    Does anyone know if FreedomPop works in China?
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    christy said:

so a t-mobile phone wont work on frredompop?

@christy - A T-Mobile Phone should be compatible with the Global SIM Card, but they are sold out. So at this time, unfortunately not. However, you are able to bring just any Sprint device.

If you are in the US, go here to check if you have a compatible Sprint device: freedompop.com/byod

If you are in the UK, your phone should be compatible with the UK SIM Card (Should be In Stock.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Coach Ang said:

@Coach Ang - Currently, FreedomPop will not work in China. If you use a Global Hotspot, you can access data in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, and USA.

Coming soon are the following: Bangladesh, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
    Thanks. You can't text in China even using wifi?
    Coach Ang said:

Thanks. You can't text in China even using wifi?

@Coach Ang - If you use a Wi-Fi network, you will be able to use FreedomPop Calling and Texting through the FreedomPop Messaging App(s). :)

If you disconnect from Wi-Fi, so will your calls.

Thank you clarifying about the wifi.
  • DavidKSDavidKS FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    JJFreedom said:

Coach Ang said:

@Coach Ang - Currently, FreedomPop will not work in China...

Coming soon are the following: Bangladesh, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico...
    Does anyone know when the "Coming Soon" countries are going to be available. Or does anyone know how to find when they are expected to be available? Thanks.
  • smallhagridsmallhagrid FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 13

Does anyone know if you can switch a AT&T phone to FEEDOM POP?

With the global SIM card, yes.
    We have 2 phones using that and it works with either an unlocked or AT&T GSM phone.
  • dawon dawon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Will this work for Premium Voice calls? Like will calling other FreedomPop with Premium Voice users lower your 200 minute allowance? @Ali
  • RoytatoRoytato FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 78
    I really wish they can add support for China soon, I'll be going there and won't have a phone. Easier said than done though I know.
  • PhilipPhilip FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer Posts: 29
    I applied to join the group, but can't get in. I guess that I haven't been approved yet.
  • Gloria PopleGloria Pople FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I have applied to join the group but I cannot get in either, it was recommended to me by Kelvin H. I was hoping to add my daughters as well but have not tried yet
  • RoytatoRoytato FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 78
    Ali said:

If you have friends or family on FreedomPop, you now can call and text them 100% free without it counting against your usage bucket.

That's really cool, thanks for the announcement Ali.

• dazzabirddazzabird FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Free calls between FreedomPop users in the U.K.