**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Carrier going out of business and I need my porting completed before Feb 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luis SilvaLuis Silva FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
Please please help me. My existing carrier (givmobile.com) is going out of business and I have a Feb 5th deadline. I started the porting process on the 1st, which was refused by freedompop (according to existing carrier, phone number = account number, but freedompop refused it). I did some digging on past statements and found another account number. I re-submitted the request that has been pending since. After insisting with a supervisor on the phone, I got told the computer system is the one doing everything (?!) and that something is scheduled to happen tomorrow at 8:30AM. I really need assurance that this is going to be the porting successfully done, but no one over the phone knows anything!!! Help!!! (I was abroad and was warned about this on mid-January and decided to wait and see if givmobile would get bought by some other carrier :/)

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was with sister company, Ptel.com and I tried to port to ring.to and kept getting error: need account number.
    I speculate that they only approve ports to the FIVE suggested companies. Since ting.com offered a generous credit to old ptel customers I thought I'd try them for a few months. On monday I contacted ting.com on phone. They claimed there has been NO problems for them to port over to them. I ordered a SIM from them and got it Wed. I activated the SIM and initiated the port. 10 minutes later the phone was working with the ported number !!! Amazing.

Don't know why ptel was rejecting the port. I followed the instructions. 1. account # is phone no. 2. PIN is 0000. Used the SAME thing for ting's port and it worked!

I was told that it had to be completed before end of day Feb 4th (today) to preserve phone numbers. Not sure if you can salvage without a SIM at this point.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs