Data usage goes down when using talk minutes

MishkoMishko Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
Is this normal? I infrequently use my phone to make calls, and when I do it seems that my data usage goes down around the time I'm talking on the phone. I've made one call in each of the last two days (Feb. 2 and Feb. 3), and see that data goes down between 13-22MB (ouch). If something else is sucking up my data I'd sure like to know so I can put a stop to it. Is there a background service on the phone that needs to use data when making a call?

Can someone give me an (good, thorough, understandable) explanation why this is happening, please? Isn't the understanding that data usage is for data and talk minutes are used for talking? Maybe my understanding is wrong, and if so, please explain it to me.

I'm a Premium Plus subscriber and have the "basic/free" plan (200, 500, 500).

Thank you.

Comments

• Madmike413Madmike413 Posts: 38FreedomPop Newbie
    Same with me both calls and texts use data even tho it says it shouldn't.
  • MishkoMishko Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    Before someone says anything, yes, I see a "Phone Call Data Credit," but the 2 or 3MB for that certainly isn't making up for the 10+MB that I see disappear when making a call.

Any official FP personnel like to explain this one, please? And, as I put in my OP, please be thorough and understandable. If it's something like "that's what Sprint reports to us," that's not enough. I get that I'm not paying directly for this, but it should be transparent about what's happening. Thank you.