**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

using phone as a hotspot

Gary JenkinsGary Jenkins FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
Has anyone been able to get this to work successfully?
if yes how did you get it to work?

Answers

• Landon BabbittLandon Babbitt FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    Do you have the plan to allow hotspots?
  • jimindenverjimindenver FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    You have to have both a phone with the hotspot enabled as well as a plan that supports it. As long as you have the plan there are ways to get around the hidden hotspot. Without the plan you would be better off getting one of the really inexpensive hotspots with it's own free plan.
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 243
    I had a Hydro for a short time and could not get the hotspot feature to work. Went round and round with customer service and they couldn't figure it out either.
  • Landon BabbittLandon Babbitt FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    ya you should probably just get the netgear mingle thats on sale right now
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 633 ✭✭✭
    You'll need to root the device to get the hotspot feature. It's not hidden from you, it's been removed completely by Kyocera at the behest of boost mobile
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop