how do I fix a custom binary lock. Reactivation lock?

Laura FarmerLaura Farmer Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I recently updated my Samsung Galaxy S5 not realizing the reactivation lock was on. Now I can't turn on my phone. It says custom binary lock. Reactivation lock. Secure fail. Please help. I talk to someone at freedom pop they said they emailed a supervisor that would then email me with instructions on how to unlock it but I have received nothing. Please help I would really like to use my phone!

Answers

• XelXel Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I would appreciate these instructions also.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ali do you have info to help him with this unlocking ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • kobylkobyl Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    +1. 8 hours after getting new S5, download an update and reboot. Bricked. I'm pretty sure I unchecked the option too. Just might have forgot to hit apply or something.
  • kobylkobyl Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    edited March 2016 #5
    I solved this by flashing the stock sprint rom back onto the phone. The reason this happens is because samsung doesn't recognize the freedompop firmware as 'approved', unlike the sprint/att/verizon etc. ones. So it bricks the phone.

For instructions, search for Odin and Sprint stock rom. It's a 1.5gb download - you'll need one that's based on lollipop - 5.0 at time of writing.

https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/how-to-flash-samsung-stock-rom-via-odin.htm

The version of the rom I'm now running is: G900PVPU3BOK4. You can find various mirrors online.

(Also - for some reason with the stock FP firmware I was getting 0-2 bars. With the stock sprint firmware I'm now getting 4-5. YMMV, as this might have more to do with the fact that I just activated the phone.)

Good luck!
    Post edited by kobyl on
  • Jason GastonJason Gaston Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got my replacement Galaxy S5 and it did the same thing. Is there anyway to get back to the beginning and turn off the reactivation lock?

Admin, please help!
  • kyobikyobi Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie

I just got my replacement Galaxy S5 and it did the same thing. Is there anyway to get back to the beginning and turn off the reactivation lock?

Admin, please help!

I got the same problem. I hope the admin could help solve this. This is likely caused by the conflict between the new security feature and the Freedompop ROM.

I sent the problem description to the admin Karina. I'm waiting for her reply.