Newbie BYOD new account created. Should I be expecting a SIM?

LarrySLarryS Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
After following the steps in BYOD and creating a new account, the website says my newly acquired phone number is activated and just restart? my phone.

I did but my phone says emergency calls only. Should I be expecting a SIM in the mail?

Any additional info or clarification greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LarrySLarryS Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Nevermind the earlier post. Just learned after reading many many topics here that the BYOD account is Voice over IP based and not traditional cell phone so I need to purchase the correct SIM type for my device. Only some older phones can work without SIMs. I wish this was mentioned in black and white in Freedompop promotion or link or during the BYOD activation process.

It would've saved me a lot of time, SIGH.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016 #3
    There is extensive list of phones and SIM part number needed for each. It is near top in the BYOD category. Be sure to order the correct part number.
    Post edited by Rich Sias (16th) on
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I just purchased the SIM part number for my phone which is SIMGL446C for the Nexus 5x phone. FreedomPop says the phone is now setup although the phone reports SIM being locked, I assume locked to Sprint since I purchased a Sprint SIM card. All I am able to do is make WiFi calls. The cellular signal is locked and for emergency calls only. Is this normal??
    To answer my own question - yes, it's normal. Since this is a BYOD device with a BYOD Sim card, a call to Freedompop tech support is necessary to get these BYOD devices registered to FreedomPop's system. It took less than 5 minutes to get the cellular network running - get ready your BYOD MEID, IMEI and ICCID numbers.