**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Transferring BYOD sprint phone and number from freedompop to ting

emathewsemathews Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I need some help porting my number and sprint device from freedompop to ting. I'd love to stay at freedompop further but unfortunately I'm now at a point where I really do need good and reliable voice quality due to new job. gonna give ting a try. anyways this process is new for me.
what do I need to do to port my current number as well as my htc m7 (was a byod to freedompop) ?
I read on ting forum that I need to contact current carrier to deactivate phone number in order to port since it's on an active phone.
thanks for help

Comments

• Hello @emathews

I took a look at your account and was able to see that you have already stared the process with porting out your number. I can deactivate your phone and release the ESN of the phone if you'd like but the account needs to stay open or the port out wont go through.
  • emathewsemathews Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Karina, yes can you deactivate my phone and release the ESN? thanks! I wasn't aware that I had started the porting process. when I submitted my phone number to port and my imei #, ting sent a message saying "You can not port and byod from Bandwidth LLC"
    will my account be automatically closed once the port goes through?
    thanks
  • @emathews

Can you please confirm the last 4 numbers of the phone number that you are trying to port out. I will go ahead and deactivate your device, and the accounts are not closed once ports have gone through.
  • emathewsemathews Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
  • @emathews

Thank you for confirming, the port out is still in process. It will take about 24-72 hours for the port out to fully be complete :3

The phone has now been deactivated and released!