Dead Speakers

Glen WarnerGlen Warner Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
edited February 2016 in Using Your Devices #1
Greetings.

After the last batch of updates a couple days ago, apparently my speakers have stopped working.

I am using a refurbished Moto E (2nd generation) with 4G LTE, running version 5.1 of the Android system software.

I have an alarm set to go off every day at the same time. After the update, the time came for the alarm to go off, and I hear it. Thankfully, the phone was within eyesight, so I saw that it was going off, just no sound.

After taking care of what I had set the alarm for, I tried playing with the settings for the Clock app by tweaking a new alarm and setting it to go off a minute later, and again, no audio.

I started the TuneIn app, and (you guessed it) no audio ... until I plugged in my headphones.

That's when I thought that it might not be my Clock app that's the problem ... so I'm guessing it might have something to do with that last system update.

Any ideas on how to fix this -- or at least roll back to the previous version of the OS?

Thanks ...

--gdw

(*Edited to add:*)

After installing a few more updates, my audio suddenly started working again ...! No idea why, because what was updated didn't seem to have anything to do with audio ... but I'm not going to sniff the gift fish.

--gdw
Post edited by Glen Warner on