Doesn't respond to emails

isaiahadamsisaiahadams Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I have a couple times about my device not working since I got it, then the last time I asked for them to deactivate my account. Instead, I get charged! I haven't used a single bit of my data, because the device doesn't work. The battery says there isn't one in, and flashes an error 128 on the screen, and only if I hook it up to my 2 amp charger, the 1 amp says it needs the battery. I'm not impressed with freedompop at all, I had it awhile back with the S2 and it was sent to me dirty, you couldn't even plug the charger into it. I had to take it apart and clean it to get it to even work. I'm going to dispute the charge with my bank since I have proof that I emailed them, and two, I had a response saying they would get back to me in 72 hours and never did. It feels like they sell broken devices and hope they can charge you some data that you can't use before you can find someone to get things straightened out. Now I'm out $45.96 for service that I didn't even receive. And on top of that, I downgraded to the 3.99 for 500 mb's and it charged me 14.95. I do believe there are other companies that do much better, I just wish I didn't give them a second chance. Question Reference # 160212-002234 8 days ago, no response. Then I sent an email on Jan 4th about the error 128, and that I wanted to cancel, he tells me to talk to retention. So, you want me to call a number so someone can talk me into staying with you, even though customer service that I just emailed about an error 128 didn't fix my problem, but wants me to call customer retention. Here's a retention policy you should follow, fix the problem I have and maybe I would have stayed, don't ignore the problem and tell me to talk to someone that can talk me into staying.

Comments

• Hello @isaiahadams

I sincerely apologize about the experience you have received from our support. I did see that no data was used so I have gone ahead and refunded you two charges, please allow 3-4 business days for the refund to appear on your end. I wanted to confirm if you would still like to keep the account or close it, if you decide to I can downgrade your account to our free plan.
  • Gilbert HerouxGilbert Heroux Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem. Sent me a phone with the wrong phone number embedded in it. I have been emailing them over and over and all I get is: "Thanks for reaching out to FreedomPop! This is not a monitored email address and your message will not be responded to." So, they don't even look at their mail.
  • FemiFemi Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    NO UK CUSTOMER SUPPORT TO CALL
    Is there a UK phone number for customer service? I have to cancel my account with FreedomPop ASAP. Signed up for a free 1 month service online, but got money taken out of my card before the SIM card arrived. I really need to cancel. Pretty frustrating as the online account I created says to call a USA number before my account could be deactivated, and no I don't want to downgrade to a free service, thank you! After spending 22 minutes on 2 calls to the USA, the folk in the USA couldn't help nor would they give me a UK number to call. I don't want any sneaky bills and I would like £8.99 refunded back to my card. Help anyone?
  • Steve PalmerSteve Palmer Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here. No response from anyone. Over a week now....