**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

General Issues

If you are having issues getting your new HTC Evo 4G working...try this

1. Let the hands free activation run - this may take up to 2 minutes
After you click ok the next step will prompt a PRL update - let this run fully then press OK
2. It will prompt a firmware update which you can cancel or let it run
3. Sign in to the FreedomPop phone using the email you registered with
4. Sign in to your Google account (or create new account). Click here for more information.

If you cancelled any of the previous steps before they were completed, or need to retry them again, click here for instructions to do it manually.

Comments

• Paul MartinezPaul Martinez Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Click where to do it manually?!
  • AJAAJA Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Just purchased a HTC Evo 4g. I am familiar with this phone and android. Everything works beautifully EXCEPT the phone. I have updated the firmware, software, PRL, Profile, have read all the forums, the phone will not connect or receive calls. It surfs the web fast. When I am lucky enough to get through, the person on the other end hears every word echo back. Today, texted someone, no problem. They called me, it showed the call, clicked on the green answer button, nothing, would not work. Someone else called, went to pick up NADA again. When I try to make a phone call, sometimes it goes through, most times it doesn't.
    Have 4 other SPRINT phones and they all work perfectly with 5 bars of service. Called customer service, they said they are aware of all the problems with the EVO 4g and are working on updates. Are there any other answers anyone? Getting frustrated. Thanks.
  • Robert MelendezRobert Melendez Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Been having the same problems. I noticed on the window that pops up when receiving a call there is a black bar (above the green answer button). On the right side of that black bar there are three dots. After tapping the three dots another window appears giving you the option to answer, reject or ignore call. when I click answer then I can take the call. As far as making calls, still hit or miss. What models are your other phones?
  • daniel krupickadaniel krupicka Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My phone now gives me error code 128 and says unable to establish wireless data connection....How can I fix this????
  • garin shawgarin shaw Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    i was having trouble, but when I use the "messaging app" to dial from the calls seem to go through without a hitch. (the regular phone dialer was giving me trouble.) I also changed the media to 44.1khz in the options of the messaging program that improved it quite a bit.
  • Ronald  WilliamsRonald Williams Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I now have my second HTC evo 4g through FreedomPop thanks to an exchange of the first one. I feel almost bad about complaining about a free service but I want to make my experience the best it can be. The call quality is awful on this phone with barely being able to hear the person to whom I'm talking and vise versa. I also have the same issue that I had on the first one pertaining to space on the phone. When trying to download an app, I'm told that I don't have enough space and consistently have a low space icon on but when I check the memory space, I see that I have 18.35mb internal space available as well as 7.38gb available on the SD card.
  • Ronald  WilliamsRonald Williams Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    The issues I mentioned in my previous post, I'm relatively sure are issues with the phone but the other is something that I am just curious about. I can send messages to and receive messages from a google voice account but am unable to get a message from another service. I don't know how to explain the issue without naming the service. It's actually an app that I have on another advice, 'Viggle'. To claim a reward, they require a number to send a text too but when I put this number in, I'm told they can't use that number. If it means anything, I also can't use a google voice number. Pardon my ignorance but was just wanting to know the connection if there is one. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.
  • Harold WathanHarold Wathan Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same issue getting error code 128. I have 2 EVO 4Gs and both are flaky. Mostly not working on the cell at all. Will work over wifi, most of the time. Very discouraging. Any ideas?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased 3 of these phones. When we first started each of them up, we got the same error codes, and a few others. I tried just about everything, till I stumbled on to a setting>>> I disabled app refresh for the apple store and a few other apps. I wasn't logged into my google account either. Once I did both(enabled app refresh and logged onto my google account) and I updated the PRL and profile, it started working. Not sure if it was coincidence, but it fixed all three phones. The weird thing, before i did all this, I could make calls via wireless, but I couldn't receive them(same with Text).
    I hope you all figure out the issues, I like these phones, Minus the battery....But I fixed that with a 3500mah upgrade.
    Good Luck All!!!

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Blayne OvermanBlayne Overman Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I also have an HTC EVO 4G and am having difficulty getting the app to load. I have left a message on the BYOD forum and am working with support. But it appears from what I read that this phone can have serious problems getting it to do what you want. Any advice for this newboobie would be appreciated.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Blayne Overman
    This is the first message over on the discussions part of the forum. The activities part get lost after one day...

read this post...It is mainly focused around the HTC evo 4g

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/lets-talk-about-the-new-update-version-28-15-05-36-1020-oct-20-2014-and-older-app-version-27#latest

hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• REID GOLDMANNREID GOLDMANN Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, My HTC phone I got a year ago when I signed up will not turn on. I bought a new evo4g same model at Tech for less. I tried to get it activated but you guys said the previous owner needs to deactivate first. Any thoughts on what to do? Is my old phone worth anything? Exterior is good.
  • Russell IwasaRussell Iwasa Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    My HTC EVO 4G is approaching 1 year since I got it. I have been forced to do a hard factory reset. Trying to restore its function, it does not accept a gmail account that I know is good (says user and pw does not match) nor does it accept for "activation" now the email address (different from the gmail account I mentioned) that I use for my freedompop account which should work. I am now stymied as I can't get past the activation step.
  • Russell IwasaRussell Iwasa Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    HTC EVO 4G, Tech support says that my phone is no longer supported since either last August (2015) or the previous August (2014). This might explain why Freedompop config kept failing unexpectedly. Likely, if it was 2014, there was a phase out period since I did a factory reset in May and was able to restore the HTC to about what it was. Though the Freedompop config app failing was a concern at that point as well.

Nice phone. It cost me about $100 to get plus some accessories, but it worked reasonably well. I was thinking that in October 2015 I'd think about a better phone either from Freedompop or ATT. Now to think about this.