**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Troubleshoot Network Connection

FreedomPopWizFreedomPopWiz Posts: 28Guest
edited February 2016 in LG G Pad #1
Are you having issues getting a network connection on your LG G Pad?

Go to Settings:
  • Tap "Actiate this device".
  • Once the Self Service screen loads, press the Volume Down key three times to display the EPST Hidden Menu.
  • Tap "##SCRTN#".
  • The phone will now reboot.
Tagged:

Comments

• budsteel55budsteel55 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    this works for me, but after it says its connected to the network..it restarts again and takes it off the network. lol. What should I do?
  • Aaron (Last Day 21st)Aaron (Last Day 21st) Posts: 88FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭
    Ugh! Data on my LG G Pad worked for about a month, then last night it just stopped connecting. Tried this, didn't work...same as what @budsteel55 said. It did an initial reboot, seemingly now showing a connection, then it jumped into a "Hands Free Activation" by itself, completed, restarted again, and again, off the network.

@FreedomPopWiz , @Jorge M. , any additional steps to try?
    - Aaron
  • Steven Ganthner1642Steven Ganthner1642 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Rec'd LG G pad March 11. Seems to see the Sprint LTE network but can not complete "hands free activation" No LTE network connection. What else can I try?
  • Aaron (Last Day 21st)Aaron (Last Day 21st) Posts: 88FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭
    There seems to have been a Data Outage issue starting the evening of 3/9. All devices are having issues, some will sporadically connect then drop, others are just not connecting. I messaged FP here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. Jorge indicated in a private message here they're investigating, FP support messaged me on facebook acknowledging an issue they're investigating, and Twitter indicated someone would get back to me....

I have 3 hotspots, an LG Tab and 3 Hydros...none have data working correctly right now.
    - Aaron
  • mio310mio310 Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    I have 4 units and my friend has 3 units, all have no services. We tried CDMA mode also failed. 6 days without service so far in New York areas.
  • Steven Ganthner1642Steven Ganthner1642 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    My LG G Pad appears to have "connected" with the LTE service and I am now able to make and receive calls as well as send and receive texts. I checked downdetector and it still showed my area as subject to service outage. In addition to calling freedompop technical support I also spoke to Sprint. I am new to this, bought the LG G Pad FP tablet March 5, received it March 11, no access to LTE so on March 12 called freedompop. They had me twirking my poor ol' tablet, installing, uninstalling, updating profiles. And then this morning my tablet had access. Wasn't looking for a tablet with just wifi capability so I hope the LTE service is reliable. I suppose if I continue with their "add-ons" I can only blame myself if I am unhappy with the reliability of the LTE service I pay for.
  • zv1zv1 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Just received a the LG G Pad. Every seems to be functioning well voice/sms/LTE data.
    It does seem to have glitch with the quick settings data toggle switch. It always shows connected (highlighted blue) even when you tap it to disable and the dialog box tells you it is disabled? Is this a known issue?

Is this device 4G LTE only or has FP disabled the 3G on this device?