Data usage

mylesmyles Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I am ONLY using my phone for texting, and occasionally voice calling, NEVER, for browsing or utilizing the internet. Why, therefore, is data being used at a rate of, at least, 10 meg/day, being as texting and calling are unlimited and free?

Best Answer

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    It's possible that installed apps (like weather/news/store apps) may be pulling data down off the net - make sure you turn off auto update checking/downloads/syncing in apps unless absolutely necessary & disable/remove apps that you're not using.

Whenever you reboot/shutdown your phone, the FP app will take some data as it resysncs - you can save some data by leaving the phone powered up as much of the time as possible (including charging).

Are you measuring the data usage from your FP account web page, or from the phone's own data logger? The FP account page will show the data use after adjustment for data used to make/receive FP calls/texts, whereas the phone's log will show all data used.

Answers

• DeValle WilliamsDeValle Williams Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    Limey, that's actually not true in all cases. I only use my phone for call/text with unlimted plan and according to data usage app it shows that my Freedompop messaging app uses 2gb of data monthly on average. Freedompop has yet to address my issue and it's been over 9 months. Make sure all apps are set to only work on wifi in data usage setting. Contact Freedompop if issue persist and they'll walk you through all they can do from their end.