**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Everything Motorola Moto E, Connection Issue? User Guides? How to Tutorials

njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Using Your Devices #1

Motorola Moto E(SIM-SIMGLW236C)

If your having connection issues, Please go online and make sure you have more than 100 mbs left on the account. Freedompop/Sprint likes to suspend the data when it gets close to the 100 mbs data cap, because of Sprint's 3 hour delay. Please verify you have more than 100 mbs. If you do, please try the next step.

Make sure you have Plenty of Voice and Text. It is always good to start with your account online. You never know if you might find a discrepancy that causes a suspension. If you have a Red Bar on top of the page, please contact Customer Support or do as instructed. Make sure you have plenty of Data, Voice and Text. Than move on to the next step if all is Correct and valid.

Make sure you are using the Freedompop Messaging app. Please open up the Play Store and in the Search Bar, enter FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING. Open up the page and download or update the app. Make sure that you are using "Freedompop Messaging".

FreedomPop Messaging App:

Note: Click Icon above if you need to download.

Once it is downloaded or updated. Open the app and find the 3 horizontal Bars, top left side of the app and Tap. A pop out from the left side of the screen will show, with all "account info and Settings". Make sure everything is correct. Next, Scroll down to “Sync account Data” and Tap. You will see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User for Device", till you see your phone number, “FreedomPop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a FreedomPop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing. After you initialize, and the phone syncs, you can use the phone's native dialer for Phone calls. To make a text or receive text, you will use the FreedomPop Messaging app. The app will ask you if you want to make FreedomPop the default. Make sure to press yes Go back to the "Freedompop Messaging" and Test. If you still have issues, move onto the next step.

Note: Please make sure Data is enabled. Open up Settings>Open up Data Usage>Make sure Mobile Data is Checked.

Force Stop and Clear Cache(not clear Data)-

Open up settings on your phone and scroll down. Find Apps/Application Management and open. Look for the Freedompop Messaging app (white and blue icon that says Messaging) and open. Click Force Stop and then Clear Cache. (Not Clear Data). Once you click Force Stop, you will get a pop up (if you force stop in may misbehave). Just click OK.

Make sure not to click, Clear Data that will erase all your text messages. Please restart the phone. When the phone Boots back up, please test the app. Go back to the "Freedompop Messaging" and Test. If you still have issues, move onto the next step.

Update to the Profile and PRL-*

Make sure you're using a good Wi-Fi signal before the update. (Do near a window with no Obstructions or Outdoors if possible)

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Update-data-profile-Moto-E-Sprint-Prepaid/WScenario_542_57017_2159_en_1390-dvc8850069prd

Note: You can use link to Update PRL also

Go back to the "Freedompop Messaging" and Test. If you still have issues, Contact Customer Support. Check with Freedompop — a network or account problem may be preventing your device from obtaining service. You could also check and see if Sprint is having issues in your area- Check status here

Here is a Sound Fix for Echo, Static or "can't hear"-

Open up your Freedompop Messaging App. Look for the 3 white horizontal bars, top left side of the app. Please click those lines. You will see a pop out from the side, with your number and account information. Scroll down or Find Settings and Open. Look for Audio and Open. Check Echo Calibration and Adaptive Rate Control. Then scroll down and check G722 8000 Hz, Silk 16000 Hz, PCMU 8000 Hz, and PCMA 8000 Hz. Leave Opus 48000 Hz Check. PCMU 8000 Hz might already be checked.

If you still have quality issues, sometimes messing with the Codec Bitrate Limit. Start with 36 kbits/s. If that don’t work, work your way up to 128 kbits/s. But only use this if the first suggestion does not work

Here is some Great Tutorials & Guides you can use with your Motorola Moto E. This is a great way to get Familiar with the Phone.

Turn 4G on or off-

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Turn-4G-on-or-off-Moto-E-Sprint-Prepaid/WScenario_542_57017_2159_en_665-dvc8850069prd

Turn on and connect to Wi-Fi-

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Turn-on-and-connect-to-WiFi-Moto-E-Sprint-Prepaid/WScenario_542_57017_2159_en_246-dvc8850069prd

All Motorola Moto E, please use these tutorials-

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorials/external/device/dvc8850069prd

Sprint's Main page for the unit, great to use for troubleshooting-

http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Motorola/Moto_E_Sprint_Prepaid-dvc8850069prd

Here is the User Guide-

http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/spp_motorolamotoe/index.html#motorola_moto_e_ug/welcome.html

Here is the Quick Start Guide-

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/samsung/galaxy_core_prime/prepaid/samsung_galaxy_core_prime_prepaid_gsg_en.pdf

To Find your Motorola Moto E Phone number and Account details-

Open up your Freedompop Messaging App. Look for the 3 white horizontal bars, top left side of the app. Click those lines. You will see a pop out from the side, with your number and account information.

(MDN) Number In "About Phone" Section-

The Number found in Settings>More/General>About Device/Phone>Status> Phone number, is the MDN (Mobile Directory Number). It allows sprint to provide you data services without the ability to access the 2g voice network (2g industry standard). Most phones use 2g for their voice calls. 2g is the industry Standard with all cellular Networks. Reason why phones used on Major Carriers, you can shut off data (4g/3g/Wi-Fi ) and still place a call. The phones Freedompop sale have the 2g voice turned off and then given a MDN in its place (2g number is replaced with a MDN#)

Because Freedompop use a VOIP App or Voice Over Data, The MDN can not be changed unless you switch to a new carrier. Freedompop needs 4g/3G/wiFi to make and receive calls and Text(2G Premium Voice Service @ 3.99$, is available to use on outgoing Calls in Low signal/Quality 3G location).

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Post edited by njfulwider5 on

Comments

• LakeNokomisLakeNokomis Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
    How do I reset Moto E to English? I am stuck in Indonesian.
  • melodee whitmanmelodee whitman Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    what is the best 1-800 number to call?

• ricebikericebike Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    I accidentally ordered 2 of these, i only wanted 1. [email protected] is my account. How can i get the RMA number and address so i can send one of these phones back. It's not allowing me to validate the 2nd phone anyways when i enter my email on # 99000626819679
  • TimCasonTimCason Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for this!I couldn't get my new phone to use anything but wi fi, it kept going straight to premium voice and a sprint operator, but updating the data profile made it work!
  • Douglas CeredonDouglas Ceredon Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    How do I reset password
  • DonInKCDonInKC Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you so much for posting this. It helped with my "echo" problem.
    -don
  • JMH3JMH3 Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
    MOTO E missed calls not showing up in call log?
  • JMH3JMH3 Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello?
  • Sunda  DierkesSunda Dierkes Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    i purchased 2 Moto E phones in 12/2016. 1 phone works fine, but the other still says "Activation Step Required. Contact customer support to activate," even though I activated them both at the same time. So, I have been unable to use the 2nd phone. I don't want to spend the fee to speak to customer support; is there anything I can do to "fix" this? Also, I noticed that after I tried to re-set the phone, the carrier says "Sprint" instead of "Chameleon" on the face of the phone. I didn't know if this had anything to do with the problem or not. Thanks!